DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good VR Goggles for use with Litchi App

GerdS

Reactions
I got nice foldable Cardboard VR goggles made of silicone, which is perfect to take with the Mavic and to be used with the Litchi app. They came with a nice little box for transport.
I found it on Amazon Germany but maybe it's also available here.

+ Foldable and not as bulky as competitors
+ Soft and fits good to the face compared to others
+ Good air circulation around the phone for cooling
+ Phone camera has free sight for use with augmented reality apps and for showing environment without removing the goggles
+ A cable can be connected without problems

- Dioptries are fixed
- The phone holder locking is a bit weak and I fear it might open by accident with the phone falling off

To secure the phone I have added an additional lock, see pictures. It still fits into the box.

Regards, Gerd

DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0005.JPG

I just come from my garden after doing my first flight with Litchi and VR goggles. Works phantastic!
I followed a street in very low altitude and it was like car driving, the Mavic went along as if running on rails.
Even landing on my pad with goggles was as easy as can, just turn the camera down and manoever the Mavic into the center of the pad, then land. But the markers on the pad are a must, otherwise it will drift a bit during the automatic landing procedure.
I also like the camera switch function of Litchi, where I can toggle betweeen Mavic camera and phone camera, so I am always aware about what is happening around me without removing the goggles. I prefer takeoff witrh normal sight.

DJI_0007.JPG

Last edited:
I tought to give these a try and ordered them from amazon Germany, approx 25eur including delivery. I will give feedback when i get them. To be honest, i dont expect too much, but the price is low, so lets give them a chance [emoji106] It would be awesome to be able to use my fatshark's, but obviously thats not gonna happen with MP.

I tought to give these a try and ordered them from amazon Germany, approx 25eur including delivery. I will give feedback when i get them. To be honest, i dont expect too much, but the price is low, so lets give them a chance [emoji106] It would be awesome to be able to use my fatshark's, but obviously thats not gonna happen with MP.
Did you ever get those vr goggles? How are you liking them. You can't adjust the focal distance can you, is that an issue?

I just come from my garden after doing my first flight with Litchi and VR goggles. Works phantastic!
I followed a street in very low altitude and it was like car driving, the Mavic went along as if running on rails.
Even landing on my pad with goggles was as easy as can, just turn the camera down and manoever the Mavic into the center of the pad, then land. But the markers on the pad are a must, otherwise it will drift a bit during the automatic landing procedure.
I also like the camera switch function of Litchi, where I can toggle betweeen Mavic camera and phone camera, so I am always aware about what is happening around me without removing the goggles. I prefer takeoff witrh normal sight.

View attachment 2041
How are those goggles holding up? You can't adjust focus on those but is that an issue? Still wondering if I should get them.

Did you ever get those vr goggles? How are you liking them. You can't adjust the focal distance can you, is that an issue?
Yes. I got them coupple of days ago. They feel ok for the price. Havent had a chance to try them with copter yet, but other vr material lools ok. They are not the most comfortable to wear, but i think im happy with them for the purpose, to try out this whole vr thing with phone..and yes, i like the compact design! There is no focal length adjust, no issue for me tho im using reading glasses.. i think i saw some digital adjustment option in Litchi's vr menu??. I will report back after coupple of flights with them :)

Yes. I got them coupple of days ago. They feel ok for the price. Havent had a chance to try them with copter yet, but other vr material lools ok. They are not the most comfortable to wear, but i think im happy with them for the purpose, to try out this whole vr thing with phone..and yes, i like the compact design! There is no focal length adjust, no issue for me tho im using reading glasses.. i think i saw some digital adjustment option in Litchi's vr menu??. I will report back after coupple of flights with them :)
Ok great. I'd love to hear more details.. Thanks.

Nice compact goggles. Lens adjustment is.. so so..wouldn't use these as my primary vr, but excellent prize/quality value to check out vr.. I actually think them more as fpv goggles..not too much vr..Im using them as long they serve me, but for
Ral vr, im gonna upgrade at some point.

Sent from my F8331 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato