DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Maps Comes and goes..

You misunderstood my statement. GPS and a tablet internet connection is required for real time map updates. You can only have static maps without an internet connection

To get any map data, the tablet must at some point be connected to the internet to get a cached version of the google map of interest.
Dave, yes now I know and hope there is a possability to connect the Huawei pad to my Iphone 8+. Maybe someone in this forum can tell how.

Maybe someone in this forum can tell how.
I have never used an Apple device, sans an early iPod, so I cannot verify this video.
After you set it up, your tablet will see it like any other WiFi connection. NOTE: Using your phone as a hotspot will consume data on your phone's service plan.

Reactions: umanbean
I use an iphone 8 but the procedure for creating a hotspot shouldnt be different on an 8+. Ensure that you have mobile data enabled on the phone. Under settings you should see a personal hotspot toggle, turn it on then set up a password. Connect your tablet via wifi to your phone's network.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJayI
I have never used an Apple device, sans an early iPod, so I cannot verify this video.
After you set it up, your tablet will see it like any other WiFi connection. NOTE: Using your phone as a hotspot will consume data on your phone's service plan.
Thanx alot DJayl and all of you! Problem solved!! :) My issue was ofcourse that I sometimes was close to public/open WiFI and sometimes not. Now I share internet with my Iphone.

Last edited:
You misunderstood my statement. GPS and a tablet internet connection is required for real time map updates.

Your tablet gets the map from internet data, even when GPS is not available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121