DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got a response from DJI on lost mavic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same incident as a few weeks again, when you lost control and it landed on a building- or was this a second loss?
Did you manage to get it back from the police, and was it ok?

The log is a telemetry File Independent from the Video. Find it on your mobile..

Screen went blank after it finished uploading. Not sure if the log vid is up or not.

Please try again, uploading should take you to a new page, showing a map of your flight and readout of positioning and other data. Then post the link to that page back here.

Radio interference and being behind building.

Look, I'm always on the side of the consumer. Even if you were in the wrong, I want the 10 billion dollar company to cover you but they don't warrant that OA will work and you lose radio LOS behind anything, easily. Sorry BRO.

The next step in avoidance will be 3D mapping where it won't need to see the building, it will know it's there like Google maps.

I wish I could say it wasn't your fault but if you had your RTH lower than buildings you were flying BEHIND, you're asking for trouble.

It was my fault for not spending some time on educating myself on how RTH works. I thought it works automatically, if you lose signal, the drone will make its way back home and use its sensors to either fly above objects or around the object to avoid crashing. I had no idea that I'm supposed to se the RTH altitude myself. Oh well, a lesson learned hard that costed me a grand.

Is this the same incident as a few weeks again, when you lost control and it landed on a building- or was this a second loss?
Did you manage to get it back from the police, and was it ok?

Same incident. But it turned out the one that the cops had wasn't even mines. It was a phantom owned by someone else that happened to be flying around the same area as my mavic was.

Reactions: TLO
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it use GPS signal? Meaning the signal goes up to the satellite and bounces back down to the drone, so even if there's anything in the way, it shouldn't be a huge deal. I could be wrong.

The entire time it was connected to 15-17 satellites.

Oh dear. That's a serious misunderstanding. GPS only sends time signals to the GPS receivers. It uses that to locate its position. You can't communicate over GPS.

Reactions: emilford
Sorry for your loss but it certainly seems like you made some bad judgements here.
A 36 floor building, that's pretty big, what else was in the area. Where was it exactly that you were flying?

Oh dear. That's a serious misunderstanding. GPS only sends time signals to the GPS receivers. It uses that to locate its position. You can't communicate over GPS.

I know that at this point. Please read my response to this comment before shoving my lack of knowledge in my face over and over. I had no interest in studying drones or how they operate. I bought it solely as a tool to get a different perspective of footage, since I'm into videography.

I know that at this point. Please read my response to this comment before shoving my lack of knowledge in my face over and over. I had no interest in studying drones or how they operate. I bought it solely as a tool to get a different perspective of footage, since I'm into videography.
Mm going from your attitude, perhaps you should just cut your losses and move on. People here only trying to help you but seems you don't want it.
Good luck with future enterprises

Just wondering if you would drop a thousand dollars on a new type of video camera, and not read the manual?

Lesson learned I guess. Hopefully there are others who can learn from this also. I'ts a real shame to loose such a good drone. Do you think there is any possibility to get on top of that building to try to recover it?

Still would be interesting to see the log. Might help to pinpoint where it crashed/landed...

Reactions: Juordan
Mm going from your attitude, perhaps you should just cut your losses and move on. People here only trying to help you but seems you don't want it.

Just wondering if you would drop a thousand dollars on a new type of video camera, and not read the manual?

People on here trying to help me with what? Lol.

I've already moved on, this isn't the end of the world lol, money comes and goes and I personally don't give a **** about it. As I mentioned, I bought it as a tool to get aerial shots, I never claimed to be a pro droner, this was my first drone and i've had it for a little over a month. If I want I'll just get another Mavic. Also, I didn't come here seeking help from anyone, so not really sure what you mean by people on here trying to help me but seems like I don't want them to.

So the point of your original post was just to let us know you don't like DJI any more and that your sending your osmo back?

Thanks for that

The Thing to blame dji for is selling it like a toy, which it definately isn't.

Not sure whom you're referring to. But I definitely didn't buy it as a toy. Bought it as a camera that caught my interest.

Lesson learned I guess. Hopefully there are others who can learn from this also. I'ts a real shame to loose such a good drone. Do you think there is any possibility to get on top of that building to try to recover it?

Still would be interesting to see the log. Might help to pinpoint where it crashed/landed...

I went over the log a few times, went up to the roof top of the building that I thought it landed on. No mavic to be found.

Ok, lets get it Different, dji should encourage first time buyers to learn the basics of how things Work to avoid possible hazardous incidents like you have experienced.

Reactions: mav09 and YngveN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb