DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got State Farm but.. OMG I went through 12 agents...

jaysrmc

Reactions
I was able to get state farm but I had to call 13 agents. The 13th helped me. It was explained to me that most agents won't write the policy without having other policies with them because it's simply not worth their time. The guy I went through Justin Simons 623-551-3700 [email protected]

I tried several on the list and none of them would insure it but Justin Simmons office did and I believe she said they can write the policy all over the country.. She also told me that there is a ton of fraud in Personal Articles Policies with Drones so lots of agents are reluctant to write them.

*Edit I was able to add 2 bebop 2's.. The total for the insurance for all 3 drones was 60$

Keep in mind that State Farm's policy minimum is $60. An $800 drone is around $16 a year to insure, so you want to make sure you have several things to insure so that you're not wasting money.

I was able to get state farm but I had to call 13 agents. The 13th helped me. It was explained to me that most agents won't write the policy without having other policies with them because it's simply not worth their time. The guy I went through Justin Simons 623-551-3700 [email protected]

I tried several on the list and none of them would insure it but Justin Simmons office did and I believe she said they can write the policy all over the country.. She also told me that there is a ton of fraud in Personal Articles Policies with Drones so lots of agents are reluctant to write them.

*Edit I was able to add 2 bebop 2's.. The total for the insurance for all 3 drones was 60$
Yeah, that's fairly common. I was lucky because I've been with my SF agent for 25 years.

Lucky Bastards.....they won't even talk to us guys here in CA!

Keep in mind that State Farm's policy minimum is $60. An $800 drone is around $16 a year to insure, so you want to make sure you have several things to insure so that you're not wasting money.
Yeah I have the Platinum Pro fly more combo so they insured that for 1400 and the others at 500 each. I assume if I file a claim they would just pay out the amount of a drone if you can buy the drone by itself. I forgot to ask her that.

Even at 60 bucks, it’s a far better deal than DJI Refresh... I wouldn’t consider it wasting money, but I get what you are saying.

Lucky Bastards.....they won't even talk to us guys here in CA!

I just used my parents address and called their local state farm. Both my parents were state farm employees for 35 years but I didn't name drop. Couple of pics and an email and i was done. I live in California. It does not matter where you live. State farm will do a policy. They just won't underwrite it for an address from California. Many people travel with a mavic and can be a loss anywhere. It's about state laws and choice to do business in them.

Last edited:
I just got mine last week. I insured my P4P and Air together for $75.75.

It falls under "personal articles" insurance with full replacement and zero deductable. It covers theft and losing drone under water. (Not recoverable)

DJI will not do anything for a stolen drone or lost drone.

Yeah I have the Platinum Pro fly more combo so they insured that for 1400 and the others at 500 each. I assume if I file a claim they would just pay out the amount of a drone if you can buy the drone by itself. I forgot to ask her that.

They pay what it costs to get new. That's why they want a copy of the receipt or sale slip.

Every agent is independent. There will be differences between them and different states. Florida is $75. If one won't do it, another will. I agree with the fraud thing. Those people will ruin it for all. I'm afraid of the release of the mavic 2. Bad guys will file a claim and just get the mavic 2 with the money.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Every agent is independent. There will be differences between them and different states. Florida is $75. If one won't do it, another will. I agree with the fraud thing. Those people will ruin it for all. I'm afraid of the release of the mavic 2. Bad guys will file a claim and just get the mavic 2 with the money.
Didn't think about that and.... You are probably right.

First thing I did was call State Farm. It cost me $60. Full replacement value at 1500. It’s a no brainer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phamvl3508