DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!

Yes , there is a 60.00 min.. so you can add up to 5000 .In Oklahoma the underwriters will not cover any tablet used with drones nor the goggles.. I added my laptops to it .

My renewal is coming up and I'd like to add more goodies to my policy (goggles, cases, DSLR camera gear, lenses, etc.).

Would I have to write a whole new policy for that or will they just add the rest at no extra charge?

Also, with the MP2 about to drop, I'm actually considering selling my current MP setup....

If I were to renew, would I be able to switch later on at no additional charge?

My renewal is coming up and I'd like to add more goodies to my policy (goggles, cases, DSLR camera gear, lenses, etc.).

Would I have to write a whole new policy for that or will they just add the rest at no extra charge?

Also, with the MP2 about to drop, I'm actually considering selling my current MP setup....

If I were to renew, would I be able to switch later on at no additional charge?
You can add to it as long as you don't go over your max limit.. Mine for 60.00 was 5000.00, so I could add until I reached that mark .For instance I added a computer on after the policy was written,no extra charge . You can drop at anytime and receive a prorated refund .But if you are just taking 1 item off then the policy is still in place..no refund .hope this helps and this is for my policy .I assume they all work the same .

Besides getting State Farm insurance I also recommend hobbyists join the AMA, they provide free liability insurance when your a paid member. Here is a snapshot of the information from their member guide.
19AF8295-A192-4CFB-9E8E-618438782C23.jpeg

Yes, it's correct for New York, SF is $60 no deductable. Covered fully. If I crash and drone is toast, I get a check in a week for full amount of purchase(which includes my bundled accessories) just show them the drone( pic).

Might want to be careful if you have homeowner's Insurance and Auto insurance tied to the drone insurance they offer--One claim and your premium is going up

Because my brother is a state farm agent- If it is tied to home owner's and car- Premium is going up on a claim you file
I suggest to anyone interested in this to do as I’ve done and and verify this for your self.Go to the SF website and reach out to SF and ask the question.
They told me “absolutely not because of a Personal Articles Policy claim” my agent said the same and a friend of mine who filed a claim last year on a lost P4P did not experience any rate increase, and they renewed all his policies this year including the Personal Articles Policy.

I also have not experienced any rate increase due to claims I've made . Over the past 5 yrs I've had a $13,400 roof replacement due to hail damage and it was fully covered under my homeowners policy. Then a couple years later a car pulls out right in front of me on my way to work and I plowed right into her, not my fault. Car policy covered it completely and I get a check for $3,300 for my total loss of my clunker 2001 Sentra. On top of those incidents my agent reviewed my policy and found me several deductions which lowered my premium about 7% from the previous year. Maybe all this is because I've been with them since the '70s and they view their profits over a long time, I don't know.

Reactions: Grumpy D
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1