DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!

I called an agent and I have to bring it in and provide a sales receipt. Did you guys have to do the same. I can bring in the drone but I don't have a sales receipt - it was a gift.

No one can hang with Treat logic-wise. I feel sorry for you insurance boyse.

So I got the insurance through State Farm here in PA, it's $35 a year.

My question, if I crash the drone, am I only able to purchase another Mavic Pro or would I be able to get a Phantom or something else from DJI?

Reactions: austindave
Ok, SF got back to me with a $60 quote in NY, so I'll be getting the policy there instead of FL

Thing is, the lady on the phone (not the one actually writing the policy) knew quite a bit about the Mavic and that DJI is releasing a new Platinum version which is supposed to fly longer and quieter (WTF, this is news to me)

I just ordered another Fly More Combo for my dad and considering sending it back.

Yes they Are, new Mavic Pro Platinum (MPP) and a new Phantom 4 Obsidian (P4O) I'm sure the wait list will be long
The biggest difference in the Mavic as far as I can see is the new quieter props ( which will fit the current MP ) the new props will increase the MP's flight time just a little. The MPP also has ESC's that are tuned differently to provide a longer flight time. The cost is $ 1,099.00 USD, Oh you also get a new color!!!! Not worth the C note as far as I'm concerned.

I'll wait and spend to $20 for the new props though.

I called an agent and I have to bring it in and provide a sales receipt. Did you guys have to do the same. I can bring in the drone but I don't have a sales receipt - it was a gift.

Ya, they wanted a copy of the sales receipt, SN, DOB, Drivers License and wanted to know if I was flying recreationally or commercially.

I got State Farm coverage for $60.00 too, what a peace of mind it gives, screw DJI and jumping through their hoops to make a claim.

Reactions: Phlier and QuadKid
I got State Farm coverage for $60.00 too, what a peace of mind it gives, screw DJI and jumping through their hoops to make a claim.

I get the concept of going with insurance but... what hoops are you talking about. Email, send it back, deductable... new bird. Took 8 days.

I get the concept of going with insurance but... what hoops are you talking about. Email, send it back, deductable... new bird. Took 8 days.

State Farm> $ 75.00 p/year> Lost Bird > File claim on line> No Deductible> 24-48 Hour ACH Deposit into Checking Account> 30 minute trip to Best Buy > New Bird ( Or maybe new MP Platinum Bird as policy is for up to $1,250.00 USD replacement cost) > list new SN with State Farm < Ready to go again.

Reactions: SRJ_Mavic_PRO
When all else fails, got one of these for my P3P, ( I fly it commercially and get a discount for the chute system ) they are working on a series for the Mavic

This will only work using a preset altitude deployment without the MayDay PWM TX, ( May Day board is an additional cost but allows a press of one button to immediately deploy the chute )
50 ft. AGL minimum deployment altitude.

You can read about it more about it here : P3 Lite – UAV Rotor King

Last edited:
Hi all, just got my MP covered up to $1300 through SF in Colorado for $60 which is there minimum priced policy, also added my wife's wedding ring for another $20. So over $10k in coverage for $80. Agent was really unsure what to do but after a few calls we had everything set up. The only requirements were they needed the serial #, receipt and needed to physically see the drone and ring.

Reactions: JMF
Hi all, just got my MP covered up to $1300 through SF in Colorado for $60 which is there minimum priced policy, also added my wife's wedding ring for another $20. So over $10k in coverage for $80. Agent was really unsure what to do but after a few calls we had everything set up. The only requirements were they needed the serial #, receipt and needed to physically see the drone and ring.

I had to do the same thing, I just took pictures of the receipt, and drone with it's serial number, ten minutes later had $1,400 in insurance, can't beat that !!

Reactions: SRJ_Mavic_PRO
State Farm> $ 75.00 p/year> Lost Bird > File claim on line> No Deductible> 24-48 Hour ACH Deposit into Checking Account> 30 minute trip to Best Buy > New Bird ( Or maybe new MP Platinum Bird as policy is for up to $1,250.00 USD replacement cost) > list new SN with State Farm < Ready to go again.

Grand - but as I asked before. Where are the "hoops" you are speaking of? Care Refresh works exactly as written, I had no problem with it.

Reactions: austindave
Hmm, they only asked for a receipt and a pic of the SN

Didn't have to actually show them the bird, but I'm still waiting on actual paperwork.

I only got a PDF copy of the Fire Binder receipt they emailed me

Hmm, they only asked for a receipt and a pic of the SN

Didn't have to actually show them the bird, but I'm still waiting on actual paperwork.

I only got a PDF copy of the Fire Binder receipt they emailed me

I think it took about 10 days for me to actually get the paperwork.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks