DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!

I called an agent and I have to bring it in and provide a sales receipt. Did you guys have to do the same. I can bring in the drone but I don't have a sales receipt - it was a gift.

No one can hang with Treat logic-wise. I feel sorry for you insurance boyse.

So I got the insurance through State Farm here in PA, it's $35 a year.

My question, if I crash the drone, am I only able to purchase another Mavic Pro or would I be able to get a Phantom or something else from DJI?

Reactions: austindave
Ok, SF got back to me with a $60 quote in NY, so I'll be getting the policy there instead of FL

Thing is, the lady on the phone (not the one actually writing the policy) knew quite a bit about the Mavic and that DJI is releasing a new Platinum version which is supposed to fly longer and quieter (WTF, this is news to me)

I just ordered another Fly More Combo for my dad and considering sending it back.

Yes they Are, new Mavic Pro Platinum (MPP) and a new Phantom 4 Obsidian (P4O) I'm sure the wait list will be long
The biggest difference in the Mavic as far as I can see is the new quieter props ( which will fit the current MP ) the new props will increase the MP's flight time just a little. The MPP also has ESC's that are tuned differently to provide a longer flight time. The cost is $ 1,099.00 USD, Oh you also get a new color!!!! Not worth the C note as far as I'm concerned.

I'll wait and spend to $20 for the new props though.

I called an agent and I have to bring it in and provide a sales receipt. Did you guys have to do the same. I can bring in the drone but I don't have a sales receipt - it was a gift.

Ya, they wanted a copy of the sales receipt, SN, DOB, Drivers License and wanted to know if I was flying recreationally or commercially.

I got State Farm coverage for $60.00 too, what a peace of mind it gives, screw DJI and jumping through their hoops to make a claim.

Reactions: Phlier and QuadKid
I got State Farm coverage for $60.00 too, what a peace of mind it gives, screw DJI and jumping through their hoops to make a claim.

I get the concept of going with insurance but... what hoops are you talking about. Email, send it back, deductable... new bird. Took 8 days.

I get the concept of going with insurance but... what hoops are you talking about. Email, send it back, deductable... new bird. Took 8 days.

State Farm> $ 75.00 p/year> Lost Bird > File claim on line> No Deductible> 24-48 Hour ACH Deposit into Checking Account> 30 minute trip to Best Buy > New Bird ( Or maybe new MP Platinum Bird as policy is for up to $1,250.00 USD replacement cost) > list new SN with State Farm < Ready to go again.

Reactions: SRJ_Mavic_PRO
When all else fails, got one of these for my P3P, ( I fly it commercially and get a discount for the chute system ) they are working on a series for the Mavic

This will only work using a preset altitude deployment without the MayDay PWM TX, ( May Day board is an additional cost but allows a press of one button to immediately deploy the chute )
50 ft. AGL minimum deployment altitude.

You can read about it more about it here : P3 Lite – UAV Rotor King

Last edited:
Hi all, just got my MP covered up to $1300 through SF in Colorado for $60 which is there minimum priced policy, also added my wife's wedding ring for another $20. So over $10k in coverage for $80. Agent was really unsure what to do but after a few calls we had everything set up. The only requirements were they needed the serial #, receipt and needed to physically see the drone and ring.

Reactions: JMF
Hi all, just got my MP covered up to $1300 through SF in Colorado for $60 which is there minimum priced policy, also added my wife's wedding ring for another $20. So over $10k in coverage for $80. Agent was really unsure what to do but after a few calls we had everything set up. The only requirements were they needed the serial #, receipt and needed to physically see the drone and ring.

I had to do the same thing, I just took pictures of the receipt, and drone with it's serial number, ten minutes later had $1,400 in insurance, can't beat that !!

Reactions: SRJ_Mavic_PRO
State Farm> $ 75.00 p/year> Lost Bird > File claim on line> No Deductible> 24-48 Hour ACH Deposit into Checking Account> 30 minute trip to Best Buy > New Bird ( Or maybe new MP Platinum Bird as policy is for up to $1,250.00 USD replacement cost) > list new SN with State Farm < Ready to go again.

Grand - but as I asked before. Where are the "hoops" you are speaking of? Care Refresh works exactly as written, I had no problem with it.

Reactions: austindave
Hmm, they only asked for a receipt and a pic of the SN

Didn't have to actually show them the bird, but I'm still waiting on actual paperwork.

I only got a PDF copy of the Fire Binder receipt they emailed me

Hmm, they only asked for a receipt and a pic of the SN

Didn't have to actually show them the bird, but I'm still waiting on actual paperwork.

I only got a PDF copy of the Fire Binder receipt they emailed me

I think it took about 10 days for me to actually get the paperwork.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM