DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!

Same with me. I live in Texas. SF agent was unaware of drone coverage. I did a little and found out about it falling under PAP (personal articles policy). They normally charge something like $2.37/$100 of value but they also list a minimum charge of $60. I showed them my receipt for DJI Mavic Pro Fly-More kit purchased from B&H Photo for $1299. So, they pay out $1300, no deductible, for $60/year if lost, stolen or crashed. My agent said they listed it as a flying camera.

Reactions: DanteCosta
Got a policy for my Dad in Orlando earlier today form Nicole at Amanda Chase‘s SF office in Winter Park

$75

If you file a claim on one of these State Farm personal articles policies will it impact your homeowners insurance policy?

If you file a claim on one of these State Farm personal articles policies will it impact your homeowners insurance policy?
Nope. I've talked about this with my agent and others have confirmed it. It's not considered an additional risk to your home owners because they are two separate insurances.

I just insured my new Mavic Air for a year for $60 with no deductible. Skipped the DJI Refresh because it is redundant with this policy. The State Farm policy covers more, can be renewed, and is full replacement cost.

The only thing it doesn’t cover is defects/ breakdown which is covered by DJI anyway from 6-12 months (depending on the part).

Reactions: BD0G and QuadKid
I just insured my new Mavic Air for a year for $60 with no deductible. Skipped the DJI Refresh because it is redundant with this policy. The State Farm policy covers more, can be renewed, and is full replacement cost.

The only thing it doesn’t cover is defects/ breakdown which is covered by DJI anyway from 6-12 months (depending on the part).
Yup the best accessory you can buy, insured my P3P, P4P, MP & New MA for for a total of $4500 replacement cost for $95, same conditions.

Reactions: Travisimo
I fly commercially Part 107 the cost of the annual policy through Travers Aviation is $663.00 p/year it includes.
$ 1,000,000.00 in Liability / Property Damage
$ 5,000.00 Medical ( should you nick someone with a prop )
Replacement Cost for my P3P including camera ( which is considered payload )

I can swap out the drone at anytime ( takes 24 hours ) but you can only have 1 drone under the policy at any given time, therefore opted for the Mavic thru State Farm
$1,200.00 to replace the drone $ 63.00 p/year ( End up with an extra controller should a loss occur )

Hi QuadKid (or anyone else that knows...). I had a few questions regarding insurance for commercial pilots.

- Are you required to have this level of insurance to fly commercially?
- Are you required to have any particular level of insurance to fly commercially? (even the simpler types that just cover your own drone, like the StateFarm ins discussed in this thread)

Thanks!

What state do you live in and do you have other policies with State Farm? I contacted an agent I found on PhantomPilots that does business in TX and they don't provide the policy anymore as a stand-alone. Said too many total losses in a short amount of time.

I live near San Antonio, TX. Yes, between dishonest folks saying they crashed just to collect and newbies being careless it was just to much to keep paying out $1300 dollars claim on $60 insurance payment. This is especially true if they have none of your other business. I have my cars, home and drone all insured with State Farm. I’ll use it if needed but not as a cheat.

The number of people I talked to who admitted to scamming the company was appalling.

Hi QuadKid (or anyone else that knows...). I had a few questions regarding insurance for commercial pilots.

- Are you required to have this level of insurance to fly commercially?
- Are you required to have any particular level of insurance to fly commercially? (even the simpler types that just cover your own drone, like the StateFarm ins discussed in this thread)

Thanks!
Most clients (IE: Federal, State & Local Municipalities require at least $1 Mil liability, Verifly is now accepted by most clients, Pay on Demand insurance, very
convenient and affordable Verifly – On-demand Drone Insurance I will be using them once my current aviation insurance policy expires, helps keep the overhead down. State Farm will not cover aviation insurance only replacement of your hobby drone(s).

$60? Virginia is $30.
Hah,
In Ontario it's $500 and $600.!
Same insurer.
We up here can only hope it will cool off, but you guys need to hope for the band wagon to break down and that no one will start looking at the gauging we are getting, and hope they won't follow suit.
In your case it can only go up. J.9

Most clients (IE: Federal, State & Local Municipalities require at least $1 Mil liability, Verifly is now accepted by most clients, Pay on Demand insurance, very
convenient and affordable Verifly – On-demand Drone Insurance I will be using them once my current aviation insurance policy expires, helps keep the overhead down. State Farm will not cover aviation insurance only replacement of your hobby drone(s).

Thanks for the info QuadKid

One thing to know about State Farm is if you File a claim for a drone you cannot ensure another drone for at least two years

Reactions: Yoda007
Don't file more than two claims of any amount within in a 3 year period though they will non-renew you. They tried that on me (not related to a drone) but I asked my agent to appeal it and won.

I've had insurance through State Farm for as long as I've been driving. Went by the local office yesterday and got coverage for my Pro. Took them about an hour to find the right paperwork and get everything setup, but overall it was painless. $60 for a $1k policy like others have mentioned. They said it was the first drone they had insured and were very curious about it.

Thumbs way up !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4