DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Government Shutdown Woes

psb87

Reactions
Did anyone else get caught up in all of this?

I scheduled my my sUAS Part 107 knowledge test for 26 Dec. The night before the test I got an email that due to the shutdown all FAA Airman Knowledge tests were suspended until further notice.
On 2 Jan I got the message that testing was back on, so I scheduled for 6 Jan, took and passed the test.

However I still can't get the certificate processed as the agency that handles airman tests has been furloughed.
I guess the government is officially running again – at least for the next three weeks – but I understand that the backlog (which was already somewhat long) will now be much longer.

Tick-tock...

I was going to take my test this month but figured things were down with the shut down. Didn't realize they were doing the test again again until this week but it's my understanding that they are still not being imported to IACRA and I'd imagine the TSA vetting is being held up too. Well, up until yesterday's announcement that is.. I'll get it scheduled in the next week or so but I can only imagine what sort of backlog they have at this point. I read one post that they hope to be caught up with the IACRA backlog within a week after reopening, but that seems quite optimistic IMHO.

Edit: Here's another post on mavicpilots' sister site on the topic - FAA Part 107 testing suspended effective today (12/26/2018) due to Gov't Shutdown

I expected a backlog but figured I may as well get in the queue.
I'm bracing for a long wait...

Did anyone else get caught up in all of this?

I scheduled my my sUAS Part 107 knowledge test for 26 Dec. The night before the test I got an email that due to the shutdown all FAA Airman Knowledge tests were suspended until further notice.
On 2 Jan I got the message that testing was back on, so I scheduled for 6 Jan, took and passed the test.

However I still can't get the certificate processed as the agency that handles airman tests has been furloughed.
I guess the government is officially running again – at least for the next three weeks – but I understand that the backlog (which was already somewhat long) will now be much longer.

Tick-tock...
just another reason why we need a smaller government and put the controls back in the states hands,an all encompassing government is not good for free americans

Can we take on a commercial project
while we are waiting ?

I've spoken with just about everyone at the FAA that would answer a phone and of course no one could actually answer that question. I will say that everyone I spoke to was sympathetic, understanding and as helpful as they could be.

I asked the last person I spoke to if I had a copy of my knowledge test, aircraft registration and printed application whether that might cover me and his thought was maybe, probably... since you have done all you can do and are only being held up buy these exigent circumstances, however there’s no guarantee and you’re on your own.

OK, perhaps not a lot of help but I guess it would depend upon who you ran into and how reasonable they would be.

Reactions: DavidNDC
just another reason why we need a smaller government and put the controls back in the states hands,an all encompassing government is not good for free americans

You want aviation regulation at state level?

Reactions: tleedom and JDawg

Thrust me, you dont really want this. In Germany we have something like this, and its horrible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde