DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS encounters data exception.

Jaythrow

Reactions
Hi everybody.

I have been facing an issue for a couple of weeks with my MP, which is it raises the following alert when starting up: « Cannot take off. GPS encounters data exception. ». It comes with a « SYS WARNING. CHECK APP » message displayed on my RC.

In some very rare cases, I have been able to start and fly without this alert being raised. But very rarely. It does not occur in a single place, it occurs everywhere I have tried. Of course, I have recalibrated compass (and even IMU) hundreds of times, with no improvement at all. I have also dismounted the « case » of my MP to check the connection of the GPS module, but no problem at this level.

Well, I do not know what to do... Any suggestion coming from your own experience?

Thank you

Jaythrow

What devices and versions of FW, software are you runnings.
And what is the versions of the Flysafe data bases.

Next thing to do is replace gps\compass...

Maybe it would be a good idea to diagnose the problem before throwing Parts at it.

If mine was doing that and I couldn't get it straightened out myself I sure as heii wouldn't fly it.
Just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
Send it in for service somewhere. Thunderdrones?

I have decided to change my GPS module by a new one (bought through AliExpress)... and it worked! No more unexpected alert... until now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan