DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Mode - Smart Controller

TheRock

Reactions
So far, the Smart Controller has not asked me to pick up the drone and rotate it to set the GPS point. It seems to find the GPS point itself and set it. I have only done a RTH once in about 20 flights with the new Smart Controller but it worked just fine. Is this something new in the software so I don't need to pick up the drone anywhere and spin in a circle with it up and at my side. If this has been discussed already, my apologies. I didn't see it in the topics. Thank you brain trust in advance for your input!

So far, the Smart Controller has not asked me to pick up the drone and rotate it to set the GPS point. It seems to find the GPS point itself and set it. I have only done a RTH once in about 20 flights with the new Smart Controller but it worked just fine. Is this something new in the software so I don't need to pick up the drone anywhere and spin in a circle with it up and at my side. If this has been discussed already, my apologies. I didn't see it in the topics. Thank you brain trust in advance for your input!

I think you are referring to the Compass Calibration. And if you have done it, unless requested, there is no need to do it again.

Your drone will tell when it needs a compass calibration, normally every 30 days according to the manual. I was quite surprised how many times I’ve had the recalibrate message come up on my Go4 app;)

Something new I suppose, never used to come up that regular on my other drones;)

Your drone will tell when it needs a compass calibration, normally every 30 days according to the manual. I was quite surprised how many times I’ve had the recalibrate message come up on my Go4 app;)

Something new, I suppose, never used to come up that regular on my other drones;)
Well, I used to just do it for the Mavic Plat Pro every time I flew. And before I got this controller, the regular (unsmart??) one would ask me pretty frequently with the Mavic 2. I usually just did it. But the smart controller takes a minute or two and then tells me GPS point is set. And I look on the map/arrow thingy and sure enough, it is in position. And I tried it again today and it came back home. The smart controller seems to really reduce the need to physically calibrate your position. Even if I tap on it and want to manually calibrate it, the option doesn't even appear.

Well, I used to just do it for the Mavic Plat Pro every time I flew. And before I got this controller, the regular (unsmart??) one would ask me pretty frequently with the Mavic 2. I usually just did it. But the smart controller takes a minute or two and then tells me GPS point is set. And I look on the map/arrow thingy and sure enough, it is in position. And I tried it again today and it came back home. The smart controller seems to really reduce the need to physically calibrate your position. Even if I tap on it and want to manually calibrate it, the option doesn't even appear.

It will tell you, even my CS tells me. Give it time;) by the way you don’t need to calibrate the compass every time you fly only when it asks you or if you’ve travelled some distance.;)

It will tell you, even my CS tells me. Give it time;) by the way you don’t need to calibrate the compass every time you fly only when it asks you or if you’ve travelled some distance.;)
Yes, I know but I just like to.

Just to keep warm on these cold winter day, huh!;)
Yep, got down to 77 in Guam the other night. Had to wear a longsleeve T-shirt!! Brrrr!!

Yep, got down to 77 in Guam the other night. Had to wear a longsleeve T-shirt!! Brrrr!!

Lol, well not knowing what part of the world you’re from I just guessed.

wrong again, never mind...

Reactions: TheRock

Something new I suppose, never used to come up that regular on my other drones;)

(knock on wood) I've only had to calibrate once, when I first got the Zoom in Oct. I have probably flown it once a week, at least. While most flying has been in/over my back yard, I have driven but only about 20 miles away. But, again, substantially more than 30 days. Again, knock on wood.

Oh, it was 19F here this morning which is unusual, although it was 18 earlier in the week and I probably flew it at about 22F.

Reactions: TheRock
(knock on wood) I've only had to calibrate once, when I first got the Zoom in Oct. I have probably flown it once a week, at least. While most flying has been in/over my back yard, I have driven but only about 20 miles away. But, again, substantially more than 30 days. Again, knock on wood.

Oh, it was 19F here this morning which is unusual, although it was 18 earlier in the week and I probably flew it at about 22F.

With mine it does seem like every 30 days, never had this on my other drones, must have something to do with the firmware.

I don’t mind doing it but when your ready to fly it does become a pain doing the calibration dance, especially when there’s people about:D

Reactions: TheRock and ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser