DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Tracking device

I am using the TRACKIMO 3G tracking unit that uses the Cellular 3/4G networks to track your MAVIC PRO with the TRACKIMO app that's on my iPhone 7 plus. The price is $139 and that price includes the service for the first year.
4eb09d10c550852301c83c7ddd74d069.jpg
f46ff5d8cf667f1c7533e9c44fb089b1.jpg
Where did you get this holder from? eBay? Thingaverse?

Reactions: Mighty J Fury
Are any of you guys using prepaids cards? I'm looking into the RF-V16 and not sure what to get. I have verizon service but if there is a cheap way to do it with prepaid sim from walmart, etc. I'd like to go that route.

I had to put my RF-V16 on ice. It killed the GPS on the Mavic every time it kicked in. I even got those legs to extend it away from the Mavic - same result. I'd say stay clear of the 16 for sure.

I had to put my RF-V16 on ice. It killed the GPS on the Mavic every time it kicked in. I even got those legs to extend it away from the Mavic - same result. I'd say stay clear of the 16 for sure.

*edit* nvm

Last edited:
That's strange, not had any issues with mine.

Do you have the tracking function on or off?

I switch it off so it is not uploading position at set intervals and check location by SMS or app.

Is it definitely affecting GPS? or could it be affecting compass which sets satellites to zero to enter atti mode.

I need to calibrate compass with tracker in place otherwise I get compass errors.

Just bought the mini gps tracker tk102 v2 for €59,- put a Prepaid card in and works like a charm.
Just give it a call with your cellphone and it will send you it's coordinates for google maps and BANG right on the money!
Uses gps/gprs and is accurate up to 5m. with a s#*¥ load of options to configure like geofence, mph/km alert, monitor .....and so on.

What sim card and carrier did you use? I think I will buy the tk 106.
Thanks in advance.

It would be interesting to have a tracker that (as an option) doesn't turn on the radios until 1/2 hour after you turn on the tracker. That way you have 1/2 hour to fly with no interference, and if something goes wrong and it's crashed somewhere you just wait for the 1/2 hour to pass and then the GPS and cellular functions will come online and report to you.

im using the marco polo,very small and doesnt transmit any signal until its receiver pings it when tracking and then its only a 50 millisecond ping but even that doesnt matter cause then the drone is likely down

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Are any of you guys using prepaids cards? I'm looking into the RF-V16 and not sure what to get. I have verizon service but if there is a cheap way to do it with prepaid sim from walmart, etc. I'd like to go that route.

I use Speedtalk ... Top Value $9.00 per month (500MIN Talk - Unlimited SMS - 500MB DATA)

Note: Can be used in a watch or extra phone.

[I have a Reachfar RF-42 tracker ]

Last edited:
US Mobile has a 100MB and 40 SMS messages per month plan for $5.50 which is one of the best prices I could find currently.

Check out this thread:

Does anyone use anything like a GPS tracking device in case of a fly away? (Like a Tile)

I wouldn’t mess with a GPS tracker, just get a Marco Polo. It runs off a beacon and doesn’t need GPS, and has a range of 1-2 miles with no obstructions. It also doesn’t affect GPS on the drone. I got mine (tracker and tag) for around $200 US. The tag is very small and doesn’t weigh much. You can chose between waterproof or standard tags. I highly recommend it! Thumbswayup[emoji1303][emoji16]ed795a6b-83c6-4975-b97d-074823bae5d2.jpg
d94f5014710cc434d60319b77a373d34.jpg
afa80373835cad271884dd4f72cdf176.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters