DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS UPDATE FIX IS COMING SOON !

I would like to believe this is real but that link is some seriously questionable reporting. If it was an official statement from DJI, there would be a statement that we could all read. Instead we get single line from an undisclosed email from some undisclosed person at DJI. I could probably get the same response emailing support.

I have, in fact had several replies from DJI Support saying, in very flowery and effusive language, words to that effect since, oh... mid January or so. I have zero doubt that they are, in fact, working diligently on the issue. I am somewhat annoyed that the current method of firmware release has been to work on a long list, and deliver large, inclusive updates with every perceived issue getting a fix in one shot.

It's good from a sales, marketing and image perspective, but terrible from a technical perspective. Large, multi faceted updates create more problems whilst fixing others. Small, focused hotfixes are, well... small and focused, surprisingly. Don't misunderstand, I'm not looking a horse in the mouth (what the hell does that MEAN anyway?) - I just think items like broken Airsense are critical enough to warrant a separate, high priority fix. In fact, the Airsense issue is a perfect example of breaking stuff, then missing that you broke it, delivering a mondo-mega-max FW update.

Last edited:
I have, in fact had several replies from DJI Support saying, in very flowery and effusive language, words to that effect since, oh... mid January or so. I have zero doubt that they are, in fact, working diligently on the issue. I am somewhat annoyed that the current method of firmware release has been to work on a long list, and deliver large, inclusive updates with every perceived issue getting a fix in one shot.

It's good from a sales, marketing and image perspective, but terrible from a technical perspective. Large, multi faceted updates create more problems whilst fixing others. Small, focused hotfixes are, well... small and focused, surprisingly. Don't misunderstand, I'm not looking a horse in the mouth (what the hell does that MEAN anyway?) - I just think items like broken Airsense are critical enough to warrant a separate, high priority fix. In fact, the Airsense issue is a perfect example of breaking stuff, then missing that you broke it, delivering a mondo-mega-max FW update.
One way to judge the age and condition of a horse is to examine its teeth. If someone gives you a gift, accept it and don't get too caught up in its value. The value is in the gifting, not the gift itself.

This was not a problem when the M3 came out with the original firmware. (second firmware).
The problem start when the January update came out in (December).

I believe DJI will be able to fix this by software level. How soon... IDK but based on the DJI forum behaviors about the firmware threads despairing let us know what will be soon. Normally they remove those firmware updates topics once they are about to release a new one.

One way to judge the age and condition of a horse is to examine its teeth. If someone gives you a gift, accept it and don't get too caught up in its value. The value is in the gifting, not the gift itself.
Thats good advice. And I realized that I neglected to include and should have said: "GIFT" horse, of course.

This was not a problem when the M3 came out with the original firmware. (second firmware).
The problem start when the January update came out in (December).

I believe DJI will be able to fix this by software level. How soon... IDK but based on the DJI forum behaviors about the firmware threads despairing let us know what will be soon. Normally they remove those firmware updates topics once they are about to release a new one.
Interestingly, according to self-reporting, it occurred for different users at different FW levels. 51 Drones has a large viewership, and got DJI's attention. He did not experience issues acquiring satellite locks until V01.00.0500 in January. Also, He didn't observe the altitude increase issue until he flew with snow and reduced light/low sun either. I had it bad with low winter sun, but it has improved a lot. I try to keep all the sensors clean, especially the bottom fisheye ones, fwiw. I wonder if the choice of glass lenses I contributes to the issue. Glass is obviously better for accuracy and getting the 200 meter sensitivity vs 20 on previous designs, but may have an Achilles heel in these conditions. I just know it's improved, and that's a plus.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
We will know more once the new firmware is released. If this does not get better I will claim a warranty from DJI.

If the problem persist ask for the money back I guess.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
If the problem persist ask for the money back I guess.
Is it really that big of a deal? It's annoying, and you need a spare battery so you can just swap the spare used to set the home point, and use a fresh 100% battery for flight, but it doesn't affect any performance or video or still capture thereafter. All subsequent flights and battery swaps will acquire the home point immediately. It just takes longer to warm up, but there are workarounds. I reboot after 8 satellites, and it sets the home point almost immediately upon reconnecting to the RC-Pro, all in under 2 minutes total. Alternatively, arm the motors and ascend to 96 feet to let it set the home point from the higher elevation.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Is it really that big of a deal? It's annoying, and you need a spare battery so you can just swap the spare used to set the home point, and use a fresh 100% battery for flight, but it doesn't affect any performance or video or still capture thereafter. All subsequent flights and battery swaps will acquire the home point immediately. It just takes longer to warm up, but there are workarounds. I reboot after 8 satellites, and it sets the home point almost immediately upon reconnecting to the RC-Pro, all in under 2 minutes total. Alternatively, arm the motors and ascend to 96 feet to let it set the home point from the higher elevation.
I am not sure I follow this, You start the drone , you wait till you get the home point, Than without turning off the drone you switch out the battery, and than you restart the drone again. ? Do i have it right ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain.

I am not sure I follow this, You start the drone , you wait till you get the home point, Than without turning off the drone you switch out the battery, and than you restart the drone again. ? Do i have it right ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain.
No, first turn on the RC-Pro (preferably with a network or Hot Spot connection), then turn on the drone battery in the M3, and wait until the Fly app displays 8 satellites, generally within 40 seconds. Turn off the drone battery. Turn it back on. Home Point will then be set shortly after the reboot. Total time, from first turning on the drone battery, through the power cycling, to the Home Point setting, is usually well under two minutes for me, on a cold boot. Uses up less than 1% of the battery, too. Less then 20 seconds on a subsequent flight from a warm boot, which means you can take off with a 100% battery, if you use a separate battery to set the Home Point, and then swap batteries for a 100% battery, even on your first flight.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028