DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grading Mavic Footage with LUT fives weird result

Vito

Reactions
Hi, I am a little desperate cause I cannot find a solution.
The D-log footage looks fine, but as soon as I apply a LUT via node in Davinci Resolve, I get very strange artifacts. Especially visible in the parade.

Please has anyone encountered this and knows a solution? A friend of mine tried it on his machine and it worked.
Mavic_Dlog_stepped.PNG

Is your color space set correctly in project settings? Does it happen with every lut?
Which color space would that be? Yes all LUTS. It does not happen if I apply them in the preferences und color management. Just now I tried Davinci Version 12 and there it works.
What could be the issue?

In project settings there is tab that let you select color space. Some people reported that davinci 14 beta sometimes have incorrect settings. If it works fine in 12 check that tab and compare with the settings on 14.

I gave up on D-Log and Luts a long time ago. DJI does too many changes to D-LOG with each firmware version. I use ART and do all the corrections manually. It looks a heck of a lot better and I do not have to worry about matching LUTs to firmware versions. It also helps to stay on one firmware version as you always know what you will get when filming.

Rob

I gave up on D-Log and Luts a long time ago. DJI does too many changes to D-LOG with each firmware version. I use ART and do all the corrections manually. It looks a heck of a lot better and I do not have to worry about matching LUTs to firmware versions. It also helps to stay on one firmware version as you always know what you will get when filming.

Rob
I'm wanting to go back to basics like you, Rob. Could you pls tell me how you customize your style settings (e.g., contrast, saturation, highlights) using ART. Thanks.

I'm wanting to go back to basics like you, Rob. Could you pls tell me how you customize your style settings (e.g., contrast, saturation, highlights) using ART. Thanks.

Gerry I just use the sliders and other tools in Adobe Premiere.
Any good editing software should allow you to change the same things a LUT changes, I just do it by eye and use my own visual preference. It also is a real bonus to know what a scene looked like and then adjust the footage to match what you saw with your own eyes. It ends up looking more natural.

Rob

Last edited:
Gerry I just use the sliders and other tools in Adobe Premiere.
Any editing software should allow you to change the same things a LUT changes, I just do it by eye and use my own visual preference. It also is a real bonus to know what a scene looked like and then adjust the footage to match what you saw with your own eyes. It ends up looking more natural.

Rob
Oh, shoot, I didn't make myself very clear but thanks for that insight too. I meant the customizable camera style settings you use during shooting in ART...saturation, contrast, and sharpness. I've been using a 709 LUT that recommends D-log -3,-1,-1 I believe.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique