DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grainy pictures

Evergreenlm

Reactions
Good morning fellow pilots/photographers. When I bought my M2P, it was effortless to get a crisp picture. At some point, any picture I took in any condition with any setting is grainy. I tried reloading the app, adjusting every setting known to man and have formatted internal storage. I have not used a memory card yet, maybe this is my problem? But since I‘ve never used one, I can’t imagine that would be the issue. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

The best way for anybody here to give a useful answer is if you posted the exif info for 2 shots, one good, one grainy, plus the images of the 2 shots. They should both be of the same type (both DNG, or both JPG) and unaltered (not cropped or processed in any way). Please indicate what part of the images best demonstrate the graininess you mean.

The exif info would have all the exposure setting values: shutter speed, aperture, ISO, exposure compensation.

Chris

ps: did you check the lens filter for cleanliness?

ps2: there should not be a difference between an image stored internal vs. an image stored on the SD card.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmbsmt63
How are you retrieving the images from the drone? Without an SD card, you would have to use a USB cable to the drone?
As above, a few examples would help to diagnose/help.
Are you viewing on the device (phone or tablet) or on a computer?
Are you possibly looking at the RAW images (DNG)

Possibility of selecting an exposure condition which requires a high ISO. Check to see what exposure mode you're in. You may need to dial down the ISO in some of those modes. High ISO would account for image "grain".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88