DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greece drone rules - DAGR

Mimis Simos

Reactions
Hello all,

this is an information post regarding drone rules in Greece.

The only official source regarding drone flying in Greece is Hellenic CAA's Drone Aware - GR (also called DAGR, website: dagr.hcaa.gr).

From the application intro:
Drone Aware - GR (DAGR) is a real-time UAS (drone) information system for Greece developed by the Hellenic CAA (HCAA). DAGR provides situational awareness to UAS pilots and operators by informing them about flight limitations and letting them submit flight requests. The system provides additional resources concerning the acceptance or the rejection of a flight request, aeronautical data and other relevant information.

Greece drone regulations may seem daunting, but if you dig into DAGR you can also find:
- the Greek UAS regulation in English ("Application info" page).
- the Quick Start Guide of the application, which solves a lot of questions regarding drone limitations etc in Greece ("Application info" page). Pay special attention to the yellow-marked text.
- the procedure to file a flight request if you do not hold a Greek Tax Registration Number– i.e., you are a tourist / visitor / guest in Greece ("Sign in" page).

Reactions: niki
This looks really great! Thanks for sharing! Will most likely use it next summer

You have to submit a flight request for every flight?

That’s horrible, what a joke.

Interesting, My question is if you have a Greek Tax number. You dont have to fill it out? As I have a greek tax number

Iam going to Rhodes tomorrow. Its a pink cirkle around half of Rhodos is it no drone zone? I looks like more than 8km to nearest airport.

Good to know, I'm actually heading to Greece later this summer for a few weeks. Looks like I'll have some required reading to do and make some flight requests!

Iam going to Rhodes tomorrow. Its a pink cirkle around half of Rhodos is it no drone zone? I looks like more than 8km to nearest airport.
Hi I am going to Rhodes next week and hoping to take my MP. How did you get on there? What documentation did you take? Did you have any problems at the airport?
Many thanks

Hi! No problems at airport. Take it with you in your hand luggage. You can fly max 50m high and 50m far without permission (not in fly zone).
I applied for permission at the greece aviation and I received it within two days. You may also ask the local police but I didnt see a cop in the whole week.

Hi! No problems at airport. Take it with you in your hand luggage. You can fly max 50m high and 50m far without permission (not in fly zone).
I applied for permission at the greece aviation and I received it within two days. You may also ask the local police but I didnt see a cop in the whole week.
Many thanks
Did you need insurance? Did you need to file flight plans?

Reactions: Snapthis
I stated my home insurance.
I made 3 different flight plans and copied the coordinates.
Hello,
I have a few questions if you don't mind :)
By saying my home insurance do you mean you typed the number of the insurance of your house? Also I'm wondering did you attached any documents to the email?
Also what you have typed for the start and end time, the exact time and duration or the whole day?
And the last question is about your max distance in the flight plans, how far you go from take off location?

Thanks!

Hello,
I have a few questions if you don't mind :)
By saying my home insurance do you mean you typed the number of the insurance of your house? Also I'm wondering did you attached any documents to the email?
Also what you have typed for the start and end time, the exact time and duration or the whole day?
And the last question is about your max distance in the flight plans, how far you go from take off location?

Thanks!
Hi I wrote the name of the insurance company for my home insurance. I have a accident insurance in my home insurance. I did not attach any documents for my apply.
I wrote the start and end time like 13.00 - 15.00.
My max distance was 300 m I think

Reactions: niki

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom