DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greeting from Rockwall, Texas

TXInfidel

Reactions
Hey Everyone,

I'm Mike and new to quadcopters. Started on a Parrot Bebop Drone where anything more than a slight breeze would leave me fearing getting it back, haha This is my first serious drone. I am still awaiting delivery. It is supposed to be delivered by the end of the day today. Currently 7:30 pm. Getting anxious to unbox and fool around with it. Just want to say hello and learn a lot of information.

-Cheers
Mike

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Hey Everyone,

I'm Mike and new to quadcopters. Started on a Parrot Bebop Drone where anything more than a slight breeze would leave me fearing getting it back, haha This is my first serious drone. I am still awaiting delivery. It is supposed to be delivered by the end of the day today. Currently 7:30 pm. Getting anxious to unbox and fool around with it. Just want to say hello and learn a lot of information.

-Cheers
Mike

Welcome to the Mavic family from a fellow DFW pilot

Thank you for the greetings. It came in the day after it was supposed to at the end of the day. Frustrated and relieved I shredded through all 500 boxes to get everything unpacked, charged and try to get the first flight in at dusk. I made it just in time! The wind was around 15-20 mph. I knew I was risking it but I couldn't wait anymore.I wanted to test its capabilities. After figuring out why it wouldn't connect (plug not plugged in from after charging to remote) I finally got it into the air in Beginners mode, marveled at its rock solid hovering. Literally ran inside to show the wife, came back and it was still in the same spot, despite the wind. I flew it around the front yard, not far nor high. I am in love! Next day, took it out and the wind was much calmer. Taking it slowly but over the course of the day I extended the range and am now getting a really good feel for the controls. Still move the gimbal the wrong way and what have you but it is coming along. It is ridiculous how easy the Mavic is to fly. I am going to take this little sucker everywhere with me from now on! Sorry for the lengthy read, just wanted to share my first experiences with it. Happy Droning!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett