DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings folks! I’m new around here!

Webheadfred

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Good morning all,
I’ve been building and flying drones for about 15 years. I built my first drone from Home Depot towel rods and a custom cut plastic frame using a Hoverfly Pro controller and Hacker motors. My second and subsequent drones were variations of an X8, Octo, Hex, Y-6 all with the Hoverfly controller, Turnigy motor controllers and so on. THEN I discovered I could have bought a DJI Phantom for half the cost I spent on the other stuff. Oh well… I had fun and learned stuff. I’m a retired air traffic controller and a Part 107 licensed UAS pilot as well as an Amateur Extra Ham - K4ATC. I’m surprised that I just found this site but was happy to join. I’m looking forward to good discussion on all things drones. Cheers folks. Have fun.

Welcome. What drones do you frequently fly?
Good morning! I’m flying my Mavic 3 Classic most of the time now. I do take out the Phantom 4 Pro once in a while but I have to keep an old IPad available to fly it with non-updated software and firmware. My home builds still fly but I haven’t in over a year. They do take some skill on the sticks as there’s no position hold or RTH. Fun times. 😃

Have fun.
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Reactions: MA2 317
Reactions: MA2 317
Hello from the Crossroads of America Webheadfred.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madfish69