DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings From Bremen Germany

Waliaf

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am new to Mavic and drone , got my Mavic 2 pro few days ago and had tried it few times, had my first small crash :) , the home position was not good enough and the drone did run out of juice and tries to land, I was not able to catch or cancel the landing, hit the wooden bench and it caused some stretchs on cover of camera. The next flight camera was doing wired, got some errors like gable is overloaded. I did calibrated and all seems to be fine ....need to do some testing, fingers crossed....

I am looking forward to learning from co-poilots :)

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20190516-234906.jpg
    VideoCapture_20190516-234906.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Waliaf
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy.

Watch for errors as you seem to be doing.
Set your RTH height above the highest obstacle and don’t take off underneath anything lower.
Recommend reading the full manual from DJI available online... see link below.
The manual in the box with the drone is just enough to get you in trouble.
Thanks for the tip I will read it. As for the RTH height , the other day I set it to 70m while flying 200m , I lost the connection and the drone was coming back at that moment the connection came back and I noticed that drone is trying to reach 70 (decreasing height) I was scared and cancelled the RTH. Now I think it is best to think how high you are planning to fly and adjust your RTH height based on that, is this the right approach?

Thanks for the tip I will read it. As for the RTH height , the other day I set it to 70m while flying 200m , I lost the connection and the drone was coming back at that moment the connection came back and I noticed that drone is trying to reach 70 (decreasing height) I was scared and cancelled the RTH. Now I think it is best to think how high you are planning to fly and adjust your RTH height based on that, is this the right approach?
It is a good approach most of the time. Set it based on obstacles, and remember that it comes straight home without retracing it’s path. So be careful in mountains, etc, as RTH altitude is relative to take-off point no matter what. I just set it to 40 meters for most places I fly. If the drone is lower then pushing the RTH button will cause the drone to climb. If The drone is higher than the RTH height setting and RTH is used it will come home at the current height.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I am new to Mavic and drone , got my Mavic 2 pro few days ago and had tried it few times, had my first small crash :) , the home position was not good enough and the drone did run out of juice and tries to land, I was not able to catch or cancel the landing, hit the wooden bench and it caused some stretchs on cover of camera. The next flight camera was doing wired, got some errors like gable is overloaded. I did calibrated and all seems to be fine ....need to do some testing, fingers crossed....

Willkommen im forum

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

I just had to post this somewhere,yesterday after flying and takeing video of the water front I was joined by an onlooker and did an rtf of which my zoom landed 1/2 inch off center from takeoff,he was so impressed I did a battery change,took off flew around and did another rth of which it did another almost perfect landing even with a few gusts.This guy and I gave each other high fives and then he was gone,dang that was fun.

Lucky you! I was flying the other in my garden, in 30 minutes the neighbors called the police, they were like we don't know much about drones and we don't have a problem with it but just be careful. Today came a worried neighbor and she was worried if my drone was able to take pictures and videos, proudly I said yes 4k quality :) she was pissed and said I am not allowed to post her or her property pictures on internet...I said your property is already on Google map so don't worry I won't post :)

I just had to post this somewhere,yesterday after flying and takeing video of the water front I was joined by an onlooker and did an rtf of which my zoom landed 1/2 inch off center from takeoff,he was so impressed I did a battery change,took off flew around and did another rth of which it did another almost perfect landing even with a few gusts.This guy and I gave each other high fives and then he was gone,dang that was fun.

Lucky you! I was flying the other in my garden, in 30 minutes the neighbors called the police, they were like we don't know much about drones and we don't have a problem with it but just be careful. Today came a worried neighbor and she was worried if my drone was able to take pictures and videos, proudly I said yes 4k quality :) she was pissed and said I am not allowed to post her or her property pictures on internet...I said your property is already on Google map so don't worry I won't post :)
Gotta say that in order to avoid poor interaction with neighbors, once I exited beginner mode I have made it habit not to fly at my home except for roof inspection... one neighbor saw me and had me do his roof too.
Interesting how folks react.

That was the next plan indeed , checking up the food, but the weather is horrible here, supposed bro be summer , but it is cloudy, raining and the temp is not getting higher the 14degrees :/ really waiting for some nice weather to fly.

This summer I am planning to go to Italy, not sure how the regulation is there but will try to make some nice shots
Gotta say that in order to avoid poor interaction with neighbors, once I exited beginner mode I have made it habit not to fly at my home except for roof inspection... one neighbor saw me and had me do his roof too.
Interesting how folks react.

That was the next plan indeed , checking up the food, but the weather is horrible here, supposed bro be summer , but it is cloudy, raining and the temp is not getting higher the 14degrees :/ really waiting for some nice weather to fly.

This summer I am planning to go to Italy, not sure how the regulation is there but will try to make some nice shots
This is a start on getting ready for Italy:

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots