DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Denmark! Old SparkPilots lurker, new MavicPilots lurker.

Jimm

Reactions
Greetings!

Originally from various parts of the US (Georgia, New Hampshire, Texas, Colorado), I "Escaped" the US in 2000 to enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in Europe, starting in Germany but eventually ending up with a beautiful Romanian woman with a PhD in Denmark from 2007 until now. Finally have 'permanent resident' status in Denmark. Widower since 2017. Currently working at Crysberg A/S who makes water-management hardware and I'm part of a team that builds their web-interfaces so that you can lay on the beach in Spain and use your mobile or tablet to control your sprinklers/water pumps/farm irrigation back home. :D

Recently received my 'business registration' number as a self-employed 'hobby entrepreneur' in Denmark, and have already done a few flights with my M2ED for search and rescue (2 cats in trees, and a missing person) and commercial building inspection, plus a few residential 'fly-bys' for real-estate with my Spark. Now branching out into building my own drone (a Lynxmotion V-Tail 500), and begin enjoying using an underwater drone (Chasing Dory) for additional inspection opportunities in the future.

Hope to engage with this community and learn from you all, and maybe share what I've learned from the last 5 years of drone piloting and development in Europe, or pass along a few tales of adventure.

Nice to meet you all!

-Jimm

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Greetings!

Originally from various parts of the US (Georgia, New Hampshire, Texas, Colorado), I "Escaped" the US in 2000 to enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in Europe, starting in Germany but eventually ending up with a beautiful Romanian woman with a PhD in Denmark from 2007 until now. Finally have 'permanent resident' status in Denmark. Widower since 2017. Currently working at Crysberg A/S who makes water-management hardware and I'm part of a team that builds their web-interfaces so that you can lay on the beach in Spain and use your mobile or tablet to control your sprinklers/water pumps/farm irrigation back home. :D

Recently received my 'business registration' number as a self-employed 'hobby entrepreneur' in Denmark, and have already done a few flights with my M2ED for search and rescue (2 cats in trees, and a missing person) and commercial building inspection, plus a few residential 'fly-bys' for real-estate with my Spark. Now branching out into building my own drone (a Lynxmotion V-Tail 500), and begin enjoying using an underwater drone (Chasing Dory) for additional inspection opportunities in the future.

Hope to engage with this community and learn from you all, and maybe share what I've learned from the last 5 years of drone piloting and development in Europe, or pass along a few tales of adventure.

Nice to meet you all!

-Jimm
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Jimm, you inspire me man well done you are truly the adventurer and I am so happy things are going in the right direction lets hope the drone does too : ))

Same here. Getting long in the tooth trying to keep up with younger programmers. Still got the edge a bit with drone operations! :D

Welcome to the forum. You will find much support and assistance here. We look forward to your contributions and your view of the world.

Greetings!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.
Probably the easiest way to show my drones is to just post the 'Fleet' page on my business website. Not meant as a shameless plug, it just summarizes what I use each of them for. http://aerial.ventures/?page_id=132

Most videos and photos I've taken are under some kind of NDA, contract, or are licensed material (such as surveys or private events), so I don't have much publicly to show. But I think I can dredge up a few vacation pics and videos from my archives.

Not as much as I thought I had, but here are some samples of my early video editing attempts. YouTube downscaled my stuff early on, so the quailty is not the best, but at least you get an idea of the regions presented.

Kvistgård, Denmark - directly above my apartment at 100m - DJI Spark:

Golesti, Romania - above my brother-in-law's self-built home in central Romania - up at 200m AGL (legal in Romania) with DJI Spark:

Espergærde harbor, Denmark - watch for new friend around the 35-40 second mark! Used a Chasing Dory underwater drone:

Will dig up some Mavic 2 ED videos later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa