DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from SF Bay Area

Skydog

Reactions
Hello All,

I'm excited to get my Mavic as soon as possible. I'm planning on bringing it on a trip to Antartica at the end of the year.

Welcome to our newest forum Skydog . That will be some good pictures from there :)

Welcome to the forum, @Skydog. I'm curious what you're doing in Antarctica? I'm not so sure you're going to be flying a lithium battery powered drone with this kind of weather outlook for this time of year in Antarctica... :(

antarctica.jpeg

Hello,

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum, @Skydog. I'm curious what you're doing in Antarctica? I'm not so sure you're going to be flying a lithium battery powered drone with this kind of weather outlook for this time of year in Antarctica... :(

View attachment 516

I'm going down there to mostly do some still photography. I'll be there in January I expect the weather to be much better than you mentioned.

I built a DJI 550 Flamewheel hexacopter several years ago and it didn't have all the automation that the phantoms or the mavic has today. I haven't flew in a couple of years. I need the drone sooner vs later so I can practice, practice, practice. Also I need to figure the best video profile so I come back with the best possible footage. I'm much more a still guy than a video person up until this point.

I'll post this in another topic board but, I'm curious about neutral density filters for the mavic. Does anyone have experience with using polarprofilters on a drone or some other brand that they can talk about the pros and cons?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98