Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Greetings from Sweden

Micka

Reactions
Yet another member of the Mavic pilot family checking in and saying Hallo all!
I have been an active aeromodeller since about 30 years, flying aircraft and helicopters.
Recently I bought a 'second-hand' Mavic Pro fly-more combo that had been flown only 5 times according to the battery logs. I will use my Mavic for general photography and inspections of small farm and woodlands.
I hope that the 12 Mp camera will suffice for that purpose.

One quick question about the EXIF information stored in pictures taken by the Mavic: The GPS latitude, longitude coordinates seems to be O.K., but there is something strange about the Z (height) coordinate as can bee seen in this EXIF excerpt:

GPS Version ID : 2.3.0.0
GPS Latitude Ref : North
GPS Longitude Ref : East
GPS Altitude Ref : Below Sea Level
Absolute Altitude : -61.76
Relative Altitude : +50.00
GPS Altitude : 61.7 m Below Sea Level
GPS Latitude : XX deg 49' 28.69" N
GPS Longitude : YY deg 47' 19.80" E

The picture was taken when the altitude reading on the Mavic controller was +50 m, which is in agreement with the "relative altitude" . On a topographic map the actual altitude of the flying site is approx. 10 meters above sea level. Any ideas about what is going on?

Should I interpret the EXIF- data as: "The absolute (GPS) altitude is - 61,76 m below sea level = + 61.76 m above sea level", i.e. two minus signs = one plus sign?

Regards, Micka

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Your question will have to be answered by someone other than me Micka .
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

RKX

Reactions
Ya I don't know where the Mavic gets it's height data from for the EXIF metadata. I noticed it's a strange number.

Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

LuvMyTJ

Reactions

Bunny Too

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have been an active aeromodeller since about 30 years, flying aircraft and helicopters.
Recently I bought a 'second-hand' Mavic Pro fly-more combo that had been flown only 5 times according to the battery logs. I will use my Mavic for general photography and inspections of small farm and woodlands.

One quick question about the EXIF information stored in pictures taken by the Mavic: The GPS latitude, longitude coordinates seems to be O.K., but there is something strange about the Z (height) coordinate as can bee seen in this EXIF excerpt:

The picture was taken when the altitude reading on the Mavic controller was +50 m, which is in agreement with the "relative altitude" . On a topographic map the actual altitude of the flying site is approx. 10 meters above sea level. Any ideas about what is going on?

Should I interpret the EXIF- data as: "The absolute (GPS) altitude is - 61,76 m below sea level = + 61.76 m above sea level", i.e. two minus signs = one plus sign?

Regards, Micka
Howdy from Wyoming @Micka , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

SpitFire

Premium Pilot
Reactions

Regards, Micka
Welcome From Chicago, happy hovering.

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.aerial-pixel.com
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy that new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

1. Mini SE - $299
2. Mini 2 - $449
3. Air 2 (renewed) - $649
4. Air 2s - $999
5. FPV Combo - $1299
6. Mavic 2 Zoom - $1349
7. Mavic 2 Pro - $1499

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members