DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Sweden

sw3De

Reactions
Finally I bought a Drone after years of fascination of these flying marvels.
I settled for a MM just to see how it works and if it really is for me. I realized my first mistake after 22min when my battery was empty that I should have bought the combo with more batteries and an extra charger, but there are a lot of stores selling batteries and the same day I ordered more?

Let the journey begin..

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a mm there a lot of fun. Just pay attention to the wind speed the mini dose not like high winds other than that there awesome drones . i sold my mini big mistake I'm working on getting another one . so have fun flying and stay safe God bless . from Ormond beach Florida

Welcome to the forum. You will find much support and assistance here. We look forward to your contributions and your view of the world.

Välkommen till vårt forum, Sw3de, från Hauptmann i Texas, USA.

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual (links below), and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad att du har gått med oss!
http://swedron.se/pdf/Mavic_Mini_Svensk_Manual_v1.0_Swedron_Sverige.pdf

Finally I bought a Drone after years of fascination of these flying marvels.
I settled for a MM just to see how it works and if it really is for me. I realized my first mistake after 22min when my battery was empty that I should have bought the combo with more batteries and an extra charger, but there are a lot of stores selling batteries and the same day I ordered more?

Let the journey begin..
Ah the mistakes one makes in excitement.

I almost made that same mistake, if not for someone walking into the shop I purchased my MM from having exactly the same experience as you.

shelled out an extra couple of hundred $$$’s and enjoying life in Perth Australia with my Minimac.

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City. London must have rules as to where you can fly or not. Been to London
twice, both times without a drone. Hope you enjoy your MM, planning to buy one to join my growing love for flying. Care full where you power up, so that your in a area with no magnetic interference, which could result in the IMU heading being initialized incorrectly. Which could cause a compass error, just to warn you in advance.
I test out new area I fly, by ascending slowly, watching if the bird is reacting to my direction. Anyway, just giving you heads up about magnetic interference. Fly Safe.

Care full where you power up, so that your in a area with no magnetic interference, which could result in the IMU heading being initialized incorrectly. Which could cause a compass error

Thanks for the advices, it’s a lot to get into and I love it so far.

-How would you know if the above quote has happened to you?

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Drone starts flying erratic, not responding up or down. Forward or back ward. So, any time I am at new location.
I test responce at 50 feet as example, send it up higher, maybe 75 feet. Its to late if you send it up 200 feet and its flying away from you. It happened to me once by a cell tower, and again by a bridge. Both times it was low enough to bring home and move on to another spot.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78