DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Tasmania!

Tone

Reactions
I live on a magical triangle island at the bottom of Australia. With a background in still Photography, I started out flying UAV in 2015.
A frustrating start with a Walkera Scout, many repairs eventually taught me enough to build my own F550. It flew better and reliably but it still wasn't the bird for me.
After further experimenting, I moved onto a Phantom3S, but still found it too cumbersome to take bushwalking. After a long hiatus from flying, last week I bought a Mavic Air.
So far, after reading manuals, watching videos and lurking about this helpful forum, I've now depleted 9 batteries re-honing my flying skills and tweaking settings to fine tune this very promising aerial camera. Gotta say so far I'm very impressed!!
Only had some minor control sensitivity issues which I've resolved, but still have some video jutter mainly while panning which I hope to improve with some yet to order ND filters (a new 100MB/s mSD card helped a little).

BEST FORUM TIP found so far: Check app orientation pointer is correct before lift off! (Anything else NOT in the manual that's a must do?)

Thanks for all the advice and knowledge shared here, I hope I can add to it and maybe save someone from a crash.
Happy & safe flying :)

Oh, this is where I live, enjoy a video from my F550...

Reactions: dirkclod
I live on a magical triangle island at the bottom of Australia. With a background in still Photography, I started out flying UAV in 2015.
A frustrating start with a Walkera Scout, many repairs eventually taught me enough to build my own F550. It flew better and reliably but it still wasn't the bird for me.
After further experimenting, I moved onto a Phantom3S, but still found it too cumbersome to take bushwalking. After a long hiatus from flying, last week I bought a Mavic Air.
So far, after reading manuals, watching videos and lurking about this helpful forum, I've now depleted 9 batteries re-honing my flying skills and tweaking settings to fine tune this very promising aerial camera. Gotta say so far I'm very impressed!!
Only had some minor control sensitivity issues which I've resolved, but still have some video jutter mainly while panning which I hope to improve with some yet to order ND filters (a new 100MB/s mSD card helped a little).

BEST FORUM TIP found so far: Check app orientation pointer is correct before lift off! (Anything else NOT in the manual that's a must do?)

Thanks for all the advice and knowledge shared here, I hope I can add to it and maybe save someone from a crash.

Howdy from Wyoming @Tone , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Tone
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy that new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Chicago, and Happy Hovering. Nice Video.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Chicago, and Happy Hovering. Nice Video.
Thanks mate, hopefully many more to come around this little island :)
Loving the Air so far, dialed it in nicely, just waiting on some filters before I get serious. Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929