DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the south shore of Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Reactions: ScottC63
Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Thanks! I'm a new sUAV pilot and I have already gotten some useful information just by monitoring the group before I joined. I look forward to learning more and networking with other pilots.

Anyone here from Boston's south shore?

Welcome Scott.
I’m in Hull, not far from Weymouth.
Any questions regarding the MP I’m here for you.
IMG_2251.JPG

Hey! Thanks for the message. I have been diligently reading the manual, watching various Youtube videos (some good...some not-so-good) as well as wandering through this (and other) online groups looking for wisdom.
My current concern is my cell phone. (Samsung Galaxy S7) I have not been able to fly without getting serious interference / distortion of the FPV video feed. Occasionally it will be okay but 95% of the time the picture is at least partially distorted. I have done a bunch of research and apparently I am not alone. The various comments I have found seem to split 50-50. Some it works, others it does not. I am not going to chance it and will find another option. I have tried two different iPads and both of them have perfect video feeds. My friends iPad Mini 4 which fits in the controller and my iPad Pro 9.7" which does not. Also the iPad Pro does not have cellular capabilities (or GPS) so as I understand it, most if not all of the intelligent flight modes won't work with the iPad Pro. I'm working on what to use but for now I just keep the Mavic close by and practice getting my flight maneuvers smoother.

Do you have any suggestions of good places to fly on the south shore?

Take care for now
Scott

Hey! Thanks for the message. I have been diligently reading the manual, watching various Youtube videos (some good...some not-so-good) as well as wandering through this (and other) online groups looking for wisdom.
My current concern is my cell phone. (Samsung Galaxy S7) I have not been able to fly without getting serious interference / distortion of the FPV video feed. Occasionally it will be okay but 95% of the time the picture is at least partially distorted. I have done a bunch of research and apparently I am not alone. The various comments I have found seem to split 50-50. Some it works, others it does not. I am not going to chance it and will find another option. I have tried two different iPads and both of them have perfect video feeds. My friends iPad Mini 4 which fits in the controller and my iPad Pro 9.7" which does not. Also the iPad Pro does not have cellular capabilities (or GPS) so as I understand it, most if not all of the intelligent flight modes won't work with the iPad Pro. I'm working on what to use but for now I just keep the Mavic close by and practice getting my flight maneuvers smoother.

Do you have any suggestions of good places to fly on the south shore?

Take care for now
Scott
Hi Scott, I’m all iOS with a iPhone X for location flying and iPad Pro 10.5 for flying from my home flight deck. No problems with when I click “Airplane Mode” before flight(no outside message disturbance). For a location to launch I recommend the large field in a Hull, just beyond the Paragon Hotel which is between Nantasket beach and World’s End. I have only about 40 hours flight time but they have been the best 40 hours of my lifetime!

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio. Fly safe and have fun!

Hi Scott, I’m all iOS with a iPhone X for location flying and iPad Pro 10.5 for flying from my home flight deck. No problems with when I click “Airplane Mode” before flight(no outside message disturbance). For a location to launch I recommend the large field in a Hull, just beyond the Paragon Hotel which is between Nantasket beach and World’s End. I have only about 40 hours flight time but they have been the best 40 hours of my lifetime!

Very good about being all iOS. The more I look into it, the more I'm thinking this may be my reason to jump from Android over to iPhone. The contract on my Galaxy S7 with Verizon has been over for a while now and it is probably time to upgrade anyway. I will be looking into this over the next week or two. In the mean-time I ordered a mounting bracket so I can use my iPad. I expect that to arrive by the end of the day tomorrow.

I have lived in the Rockland-Abington-Weymouth area my entire life so I am pretty familiar with Hull. However, I cannot picture the "Paragon Hotel". I tried Googling it and I get a couple results but none are listed as the "Paragon Hotel". Is it possible that is a previous name and it has been re-named? I really want to start finding some good (legal) locations that won't be ruffling any feathers so-to-speak.

Take care for now
- Scott

Very good about being all iOS. The more I look into it, the more I'm thinking this may be my reason to jump from Android over to iPhone. The contract on my Galaxy S7 with Verizon has been over for a while now and it is probably time to upgrade anyway. I will be looking into this over the next week or two. In the mean-time I ordered a mounting bracket so I can use my iPad. I expect that to arrive by the end of the day tomorrow.

I have lived in the Rockland-Abington-Weymouth area my entire life so I am pretty familiar with Hull. However, I cannot picture the "Paragon Hotel". I tried Googling it and I get a couple results but none are listed as the "Paragon Hotel". Is it possible that is a previous name and it has been re-named? I really want to start finding some good (legal) locations that won't be ruffling any feathers so-to-speak.

Take care for now
- Scott
Sorry Scott, I should have stated the “Nantasket Hotel”.

Attachments

• EECCD64D-40F7-48DB-B09E-12F764DD6AF3.jpeg
    EECCD64D-40F7-48DB-B09E-12F764DD6AF3.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 13
upload_2018-6-18_9-33-7.jpeg
There is a Carnival setting up on the site now... from 2017

Brand new member (and drone owner) from Quincy. I'm interested in trying out Southfield in Weymouth as an easy test area - anyone know if that's a good place?

Reactions: seanmcnulty6320
Brand new member (and drone owner) from Quincy. I'm interested in trying out Southfield in Weymouth as an easy test area - anyone know if that's a good place?

Well, I tried it today and it seemed like a great place to learn how to pilot, although not as photogenic as areas along the coast. Great sight lines and wide open areas.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000