DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the UK

FranG72

Reactions
Hi, brand new to drones, so much so, only just received my Mavic 2 Pro TODAY and am very much looking forward to getting up in the air with it once these strange days start to ease a little.

One little thing I'm struggling with, do I activate my Mavic and purchase the DJI Care Refresh now, or do I wait until the pandemic "lockdown" we're all contending with cuts us some slack...surely, it would be a waste to purchase the DJI Care.. just to have it run down without using the drone.

Welcome to the forum!

I believe you can purchase care refresh on a brand new (not activated) drone or within 48 hours of its activation. After that, there is another procedure that must be followed to purchase it.

If you do not plan to fly till the lockdown you can wait and activate the drone and purchase care refresh then.

welcome to the forum, it really depends if can wait to activate it, or do it later if you intend to wait then just leave it in the box ,what you could do is check the battery and put some charge in it to about 50 to 65% or 2 lights solid + one flashing, the same with the controller charge it till you get the same did you get the flymore, then do the same for all three bats ,if you intend to fly it soon then charge everything up to 100%, and then you can get any updates done and activate care refresh at the same time if all is well

Hello and welcome. I just got my drone during lockdown and also purchased the refresh, it's a good point you make but I'd advise to get it if your going to activate the drone. Its piece of mind for me, I hope I'm going to be careful and never need it anyway, I think as well if you don't use it or use it once you can renew it for the year after also?? Don't quote me on that tho.

My saying is.... It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Happy flying :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Thanks for the welcome everyone, it's been a while since I've been involved in any kind of "forum life", but it certainly seems a friendly place, one I certainly look forward to checking out more! :)

Fortunately I'm still working 5 days a week, so I'm not going stir crazy to get out and about, so I guess I can hold on before activating my Mavic 2 Pro, to which I will then purchase the DJI Care Refresh, I don't like the idea of it running down without even getting any use out of the drone. :(

I'll certainly however be spending my time getting more clued up ready for that first take off, I've already taken the charging advice above of 'old man mavic' Thumbswayup Sadly I wasn't able to purchase the 'Fly More' kit at the same time, Jessops online were out of stock, shame as I wanted to take advantage of their 10% off last Sunday when I purchased it (still, got a nice wedge off the drone itself), I'll be buying the fly more in the next few days so I can time a weekend delivery from Amazon.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, it's been a while since I've been involved in any kind of "forum life", but it certainly seems a friendly place, one I certainly look forward to checking out more! :)

Fortunately I'm still working 5 days a week, so I'm not going stir crazy to get out and about, so I guess I can hold on before activating my Mavic 2 Pro, to which I will then purchase the DJI Care Refresh, I don't like the idea of it running down without even getting any use out of the drone. :(

I'll certainly however be spending my time getting more clued up ready for that first take off, I've already taken the charging advice above of 'old man mavic' Thumbswayup Sadly I wasn't able to purchase the 'Fly More' kit at the same time, Jessops online were out of stock, shame as I wanted to take advantage of their 10% off last Sunday when I purchased it (still, got a nice wedge off the drone itself), I'll be buying the fly more in the next few days so I can time a weekend delivery from Amazon.
its a great hobby to be into, and when things are better you will be amazed how the world looks from a couple of hundred feet up there are many aspects to the hobby not just the flying
and its a great way to get some fresh air and at the end of it all, you can choose how involved you want to get in the photography part of the hobby or not

its a great hobby to be into, and when things are better you will be amazed how the world looks from a couple of hundred feet up there are many aspects to the hobby not just the flying
and its a great way to get some fresh air and at the end of it all, you can choose how involved you want to get in the photography part of the hobby or not

To be honest it’s photography that’s led me to the drone side of things, in the past year or so I’ve seen so many stunning aerial shots that it’s got to the stage where id love to give it a go myself, and the video side of things looks very interesting too, I’ve certainly been enjoying the wealth of footage that is out there. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from sunny Shropshire. What county are you in?

If you will forgive me I will plug my U-Tube channel on which are a couple of videos I made for Mavic 2 beginners.

The camera settings can be confusing until you get into it. I hope the videos help.

Deltamike - YouTube

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum from sunny Shropshire. What county are you in?

If you will forgive me I will plug my U-Tube channel on which are a couple of videos I made for Mavic 2 beginners.

The camera settings can be confusing until you get into it. I hope the videos help.

Deltamike - YouTube

Thanks for the welcome deltamike :) I’m further north in sunny(for now) Lancashire. I will check out said video(s) this eve.. (gave you a sub for now), cheers for that.Thumbswayup

Hi, brand new to drones, so much so, only just received my Mavic 2 Pro TODAY and am very much looking forward to getting up in the air with it once these strange days start to ease a little.

One little thing I'm struggling with, do I activate my Mavic and purchase the DJI Care Refresh now, or do I wait until the pandemic "lockdown" we're all contending with cuts us some slack...surely, it would be a waste to purchase the DJI Care.. just to have it run down without using the drone.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Hope you enjoy the drone once the lockdown is over, looking forward to seeing your videos.

Take care, Peter, Maghull.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Hope you enjoy the drone once the lockdown is over, looking forward to seeing your videos.

Take care, Peter, Maghull.

Thanks Peter, hitching to get out now I’ve got my Mavic, good job I’m a patient person (but I’ve got my limits, lol), happily feasting on all the drone related info out there at the minute though, keeping me busy in my spare time. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview