DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Turkiye . Distance to the ground is not stable with MAVIC 2 PRO

RobbieRocker

Reactions
When flying up a hill mavic 2 pro can not ascend itself parallel to the ground. That clearance thing does not increase. Because of that obstacle sensors start sensing the ground :))))

I have written 2 or 3 emails about this to the DJI suuuuuupppppeeeerrr engineers. They understand nothing about it :)

So, better fly down the hill instead of flying up the hill Practical solution :)

Reactions: msinger and Dedal
When flying up a hill mavic 2 pro can not ascend itself parallel to the ground. That clearance thing does not increase. Because of that obstacle sensors start sensing the ground :))))

I have written 2 or 3 emails about this to the DJI suuuuuupppppeeeerrr engineers. They understand nothing about it :)

So, better fly down the hill instead of flying up the hill Practical solution :)
firstly welcome to the forum, the drone only knows how high it is relative to the home point where it took of from,it is up to you to control its height as it goes up the hill,it cant do it on its own

firstly welcome to the forum, the drone only knows how high it is relative to the home point where it took of from,it is up to you to control its height as it goes up the hill,it cant do it on its own
it can if the engineers want it ...

When recording, your manual touches don't look good ..

waypoint is my favorite .. you can set the points and set the heights

Welcome to the forum.

old man mavic above is correct, you fly the drone up a hill.
Some of the intelligent flight modes will work and ascend in some situations, like tracking mode, tapfly, maybe others I can't really recall at the moment.

Make your stick yaw and gimbal movements slower in the settings, you can make the turns and gimbal speed much slower which is smoother.
Or use Tripod mode, unless this is too slow for your flight (better for low flight than higher altitude).

it can if the engineers want it ...

waypoint is my favorite .. you can set the points and set the heights
no you are not quite right there, even in waypoints the height it flies at is set by you, it still does not know its height from the ground

it will only ascend if it is within the bottom sensors height detection range

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
it will only ascend if it is within the bottom sensors height detection range

Terrain Follow, only on M1P / MPP / Phantom 4 though, and only uphill to 20 degree incline, can be set between 1m and 10m alt above ground.

I was pretty impressed with Active track on a first desert trip, really handled tracking vehicles very well, around 20 - 25 km/hr, up and down sand dunes, lots of them at around 20m high.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

The obstacle avoidance were not designed to adjust height for terrain changes. They're meant to avoid obstacles, where the designed action of the craft is to stop rapidly. There should be no assumption that those sensors will provide a smooth distance from the ground when traversing non-level ground (uphill, for instance).

"it can if the engineers want it ... "

But they didn't. That wasn't the purpose of the design. "Stable distance to ground" was not a goal.

Chris

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: old man mavic
Terrain Follow, only on M1P / MPP / Phantom 4 though, and only uphill to 20 degree incline, can be set between 1m and 10m alt above ground.

I was pretty impressed with Active track on a first desert trip, really handled tracking vehicles very well, around 20 - 25 km/hr, up and down sand dunes, lots of them at around 20m high.
Yes ... terrain follow exists in phantom 4 and phantom 4 has better image quality

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marriedwithchildren