DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grounded!

MAVIC_2_YTS

Reactions
Remember as a kid on Christmas morning when you'd sit around the tree full of hope, wonder & excitement? Remember when that feeling was crushed as you unwrapped aunt Judy's gift and found she knitted you a wool sweater with a reindeer on it? (Damnit Judy!)

After I put the kids to bed last night I had some quiet time at my desk to carefully start unboxing my M2P and accessories. Everything was thoroughly inspected & meticulously organized. Batteries were labeled, drone was marked with registration numbers & firmwares were updated. Setup tutorials were watched and beginner mode (along with some other beginner settings) were configured. Everything was charged up before bed and then carefully placed into the bag with big hopes of a morning flight.

Well, this morning I unwrapped Aunt Judy's sweater!

Torrential downpours, sustained winds @ 20+ KM/h with gusts of 50+ KM/h. it's supposed to clear up a little later this afternoon as far as rain, but the winds don't seem to be going anywhere, with another 1-3mm of rain tomorrow and 22-33KM/h windows carrying through until Friday when I leave on a trip.

I probably could get it in the air before I leave, but this would be my first flight with a drone and high winds is nothing something I wish to work with while I get the hang of it so looks like I'll have to wait until next week.

Bah humbug!

Sounds like you know what you are doing, and you are doing it right.
Remember: it is better being on the ground wishing you were in the air, than being in the air, wishing you were on the ground!

RTFM, Watch plenty of YouTube videos/tutorials....

Onward and Upwards.

A similar thing happened to me so I spent a couple of hours per day during a few days practicing with the flight simulator included in Dji Go 4. Great fun and good prep for the real thing.

Reactions: MAVIC_2_YTS
Remember as a kid on Christmas morning when you'd sit around the tree full of hope, wonder & excitement? Remember when that feeling was crushed as you unwrapped aunt Judy's gift and found she knitted you a wool sweater with a reindeer on it? (Damnit Judy!)

After I put the kids to bed last night I had some quiet time at my desk to carefully start unboxing my M2P and accessories. Everything was thoroughly inspected & meticulously organized. Batteries were labeled, drone was marked with registration numbers & firmwares were updated. Setup tutorials were watched and beginner mode (along with some other beginner settings) were configured. Everything was charged up before bed and then carefully placed into the bag with big hopes of a morning flight.

Well, this morning I unwrapped Aunt Judy's sweater!

Torrential downpours, sustained winds @ 20+ KM/h with gusts of 50+ KM/h. it's supposed to clear up a little later this afternoon as far as rain, but the winds don't seem to be going anywhere, with another 1-3mm of rain tomorrow and 22-33KM/h windows carrying through until Friday when I leave on a trip.

I probably could get it in the air before I leave, but this would be my first flight with a drone and high winds is nothing something I wish to work with while I get the hang of it so looks like I'll have to wait until next week.

Bah humbug!
That weather sounds like a good day in Wales.

A similar thing happened to me so I spent a couple of hours per day during a few days practicing with the flight simulator included in Dji Go 4. Great fun and good prep for the real thing.

I certainly took advantage of that option as well, nice that it's included.

You are doing it right.
Patience and a clear head will serve you well in the upcoming brighter future flying with the drone.

Certainly I understand your excitement but better days are to come for sure.
@jeplane did express it in the best way.

You will enjoy your flights even more with good conditions than a broken bird. ;)
Happy and safe flying soon.

ilmdc.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54