Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Guesses anyone???

Tony McDrone

Born To Fly
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m gonna take a whack at it.

I think it’s a new camera/gimbal for the M300 with a high resolution, mechanical shutter, and a range finder. High resolution I’m saying like 50 MP or higher (possibly by using multiple cameras simultaneously.) Laser ranger finder will be able to create a terrain model using the readings from the laser range finder alone

One complaint with the M300 is that it doesn’t have a premium payload specifically for surveys. You can put the X5S X7 on the m200 v2 but not on the M300.

P.S. I have no idea why you’d need that kind of camera to do surveys but that’s what people want apparently.

The instant clarity refers to the higher resolution and the superior accuracy refers to the mechanical shutter, laser range finder and RTK on the M300.

That’s what I got my money on.

I hope it's the ability to display latitude and longitude on the screen real time. That's probably not a big enough deal to tease anyone about, and maybe not that much in demand. But it would sure be nice for checking out vacant property etc. And would be an easy software fix.

I hope it's the ability to display latitude and longitude on the screen real time. That's probably not a big enough deal to tease anyone about, and maybe not that much in demand. But it would sure be nice for checking out vacant property etc. And would be an easy software fix.
You can do that on the Enterprise models or if you just use Litchi.

Reactions: CallmeDash
You can do that on the Enterprise models or if you just use Litchi.
Thanks, I know it's available on Litchi, but I don't use that and prefer (rightly or wrongly) not to have to buy and learn another OS. The info is *in* the Smart Controller, of course, as it's recorded for each picture taken. Seems it would be simple to add that as a display option like so many other options on the SC.

Thanks, I know it's available on Litchi, but I don't use that and prefer (rightly or wrongly) not to have to buy and learn another OS. The info is *in* the Smart Controller, of course, as it's recorded for each picture taken. Seems it would be simple to add that as a display option like so many other options on the SC.
I wouldn’t count on it. That’s what makes an enterprise model an enterprise model. The extra cost is for somebody to program that function for you. DJI gives you all the tools to do it yourself

But if you don’t want to do it yourself you gotta pay for it.

I’m gonna take a whack at it.

I think it’s a new camera/gimbal for the M300 with a high resolution, mechanical shutter, and a range finder. High resolution I’m saying like 50 MP or higher (possibly by using multiple cameras simultaneously.) Laser ranger finder will be able to create a terrain model using the readings from the laser range finder alone

One complaint with the M300 is that it doesn’t have a premium payload specifically for surveys. You can put the X5S X7 on the m200 v2 but not on the M300.

P.S. I have no idea why you’d need that kind of camera to do surveys but that’s what people want apparently.

The instant clarity refers to the higher resolution and the superior accuracy refers to the mechanical shutter, laser range finder and RTK on the M300.

That’s what I got my money on.
Ok I don’t mean to brag but I basically nailed it, though, over two camera models, 45 MP instead of the 50 MP, and Lidar instead of laser range finder but that basically is what Lidar is so...

Full frame is a surprise. Still don’t understand what the purpose of that is. It’s not like you want bokeh in your surveys. Just seems like complete overkill especially when the Inspire 2 clan could most certainly make use of the full frame.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580