DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

had my first confrontation today....

Per Texas law, he is within his rights. If you have any of my property in your footage and I don't want it, you must delete it. So, it depends on where you are at. Many of you need to have some consideration for how others feel, rather than only thinking of yourself.

Lol.... produce that law, or I’m going to have to call ox excreta.

It's much less about whether you are breaking a law as a drone operator, and more about whether you are making a neighbor upset. My experience has been that non-drone-owners don't like drones! I was one of those people, until I got my own Mavic Pro! Hah. One day, I walked down my street and a gardner was flying his drone over the cul de sac. He actually offered to let me try flying it. I declined, but thought it was a cool move on his part, to increase awareness and reduce resentment. I week later I had my own!

Reactions: Tinmania and Rik
Well...that escalated quickly. My post about the badge was a joke, in case anyone was wondering.

Flip out a fake badge...LOL.

It's much less about whether you are breaking a law as a drone operator, and more about whether you are making a neighbor upset. My experience has been that non-drone-owners don't like drones! I was one of those people, until I got my own Mavic Pro! Hah. One day, I walked down my street and a gardner was flying his drone over the cul de sac. He actually offered to let me try flying it. I declined, but thought it was a cool move on his part, to increase awareness and reduce resentment. I week later I had my own!

Why do you guys worry so much about what other people think about what you do? Especially if you know you’re legal?

Well...that escalated quickly. My post about the badge was a joke, in case anyone was wondering.

Flip out a fake badge...LOL.

Somebody here would do that, I guarantee you. Without even looking, I just bet there are “Licensed Drone Pilot” badges available for sale...because some whackers will buy them.

Somebody here would do that, I guarantee you. Without even looking, I just bet there are “Licensed Drone Pilot” badges available for sale...because some whackers will buy them.
Ha ha! Let's get together and make some. Great idea!

Reactions: The Raven
Ha ha! Let's get together and make some. Great idea!

I’ll register “icouldntpassapttestorapsychevaltobearealSoldierorcop.com” if you can get a quote from Blackinton to run off a few hundred badges.

We’ll be rich! Never underestimate what whackers will spend money on

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Here in the UK, going over property without due cause or the proper operators ticket in your wallet would soon have the old bill (police) on your doorstep looking to feel your collar!
To an extent I can understand it because we're plagued by irresponsible fools spooling up in all the wrong locations...including close to the flight lines at Heathrow airport! The media of course aren't slow in picking up stories of 'near miss' situations and ramping the issue up further by highlighting the volume of such reported incidents in any one year since drone sales took off (if you'll excuse the pun)
I predicted that drones would eventually have an impact on the use of all forms of aerial R/C flying, and as such the rules would be seriously tightened up and no prisoners taken for the slightest infringement thereafter.
I fly heli's and fixed wing as well as drones, and I can see the time coming when all UK flyers will be required to undergo stringent and compulsory training courses for each, including a flight exam at the end.
This naturally won't come cheap, especially if (like me) you fly three different types of R/C aircraft. This will affect the hobby by virtue of driving established flyers away, dissuade fresh blood from taking up the hobby and seriously affecting airborne R/C sales which would, naturally, then push up the price of any device by way of traders compensating for the drop in aforementioned sales figures.
Obviously the UK is a different issue to the US, but with the media picking up the baton of security service fears in relation to terrorists 'weaponising' such 'harmless' devices due to increasingly 'easier-to-fly' drones, and with the media happily reinforcing such fears...you may yet see radical changes in relation to your own laws (in league with your FAA) in relation to drone (and general R/C) flying laws coming over the horizon.

Just a few random thoughts provoked by the various incidents highlight on this particular thread in combination with the level of negative drone publicity happening in the UK.

Bobbzie.

Reactions: ryandee
If the area is not a public park but it's a public place, I usually have my red jacket that says I am a FAA registered drone pilot. Usually when I wear it, people never bothers me. I think they get intimated because I look like a government employee... Hahaha.
I like that idea about the jacket, can you post a picture of it?

Hmmmmm i fly within the guidelines set by the FAA and AMA. If i "fly over" my neighbors homes, i am a minimum of 150 to 180ft AGL and at that height the MP is really, Visually just bigger than a penny. I only linger above my property or unoccupied property/ public land, I don't linger above their property and i don't have my camera pointed down towards their roofs. What ever is captured, is captured in motion as my MP is passing over head and not intended to capture people or any illegal activities anyone is doing in public.

As far as dog and other animals, their hearing is way more sensitive than ours, and almost everytime i launch, someones pets begins to bark even with the low noise props on. And they will do it at a park as well.(No win Situation). I worry more about Hawks possibly attacking my MP than the neighbors pets being momentarily disturbed hahaha

Going to a park, is really kinda limiting. I can fly the MP from home to all the parks in my area, so going to the park to fly is not on the agenda unless i want to experiment with a feature. Now that, I wouldnt want to do over my neighbors home and possibly fail hahaha. Not to mention, if something goes wrong, even at a park and god forbid you hit someones kid, (there is always some random kid at the park) That is when you will see a real freakout!!

To be perfectly honest,If the public wants to worry about drones, they needs to worry more about pilots/kids with the toy drones, that arent required to follow FAA rules, that are flown low, up and down the street or park, with limited range and control, that will drop from the sky when the battery is low, more than likely has no GPS and will drift with the wind. and not return home,which means its going to land in some random place, probably never to be found again (I have plenty of those drones, so i know,..... i had to start somewhere hahaha)

As drone Pilots, we are basically in a losing battle with the public that disagrees with their use. Nothing sensibly can be said to sway their opinion. All we can do is fly and use them, legally/responsibly and enjoy our hobby/profession. When confronted, address the concern in the same manner.

Interesting that he mentioned chicken houses. While in military, we were to avoid chicken coops Big ones are quite recognizable from the air. Flying low and fast over them had a negative effect on their production. Really.
The reverse is the effect on people in terms of...ummm....production.

Rick of Drone Valley agrees, which is why he never uses the word "drone" -- he always says either "quad" or "quadcopter" on his show.

My guess is that as Tello quadcopter sales soar into the stratosphere, public acceptance will soon follow.
I'll raise you double.

wow this thread sure escalated haha, the guy wasnt rude but was a bit over bearing until he felt i was telling the truth about just wanting to see the lake, i think 250ft was high enough to not be a nuicance,i liked the comment about charging him for pics of his property the best haha, i will have to remember that one, here is a pic of that lake, his propety is no where in the pics

Attachments

• PAN74.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 72
wow this thread sure escalated haha, the guy wasnt rude but was a bit over bearing until he felt i was telling the truth about just wanting to see the lake, i think 250ft was high enough to not be a nuicance,i liked the comment about charging him for pics of his property the best haha, i will have to remember that one, here is a pic of that lake, his propety is no where in the pics
Great picture of the lake. I think the lady in the third white house on the left is changing her clothes if you look closely at the bedroom window!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d