DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone been busted by the FAA for breaking the rules

Is it happening?

There is no doubt that the drone laws that do exist, dont exist and what they think exist our being enforced by the local police, rangers, and local citizens ect and often challenged by the Pilots .

Most pilots leave with a warning or have there drone taken if and when they argue there right to fly.. Its not about right or wrong , its about please stop.

You can search many of these posts but if the FAA has to get involved your looking at huge fines up to 20 grand or more and most likely those people just want to put there head into a cave and not come out so you wont be hearing from to many of them.

I think its been made very clear that if an accident happens you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the FAA laws if you you broke the rules of engagement.

Were entering a period of what I call total awareness and those breaking the rules are being used and abused to make examples of.

There is a lot of gray in this hobby to be thankful for , if you dont abuse it , you can have a blast , and be safe .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the Storm

You my friend. Are on the wrong site. 99% of the guys and gals. Here. Do not go out of our way to break the rules. SORRY [emoji52]

Settle down Beavis. I did not say I am actively breaking the rules, just wondering how much action is being taken against those that do.

Like that guy who hit all the media outlets when he flew his mavic in NYC to ask a girl out during the quarantine period.

Or the dicks that fly near airports.

I don’t ever hear any follow up on these events- just the occurrences.

Settle down Beavis. I did not say I am actively breaking the rules, just wondering how much action is being taken against those that do.

Like that guy who hit all the media outlets when he flew his mavic in NYC to ask a girl out during the quarantine period.

Or the dicks that fly near airports.

I don’t ever hear any follow up on these events- just the occurrences.

Settle down Beavis??? Wow that’s original. Did you think that up all by yourself? You have way to much spare time sitting in your mother’s basement apartment [emoji15]

Is it happening?
Yes. The FAA is fining people for violations.

www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/xyga8a/faa-drone-fines

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Settle down Beavis??? Wow that’s original. Did you think that up all by yourself? You have way to much spare time sitting in your mother’s basement apartment [emoji15]

Beavis, are you trying to be an Internet tough guy on a drone website? What is your rank in the internet police force? I demand to know or I will report you.

Is it happening?
As mentioned by @Heavydpj in Post 6 above, the answer would be yes, and there are other examples of where the FAA has taken significant enforcement action.. Having said that, I think the FAA was also caught very off guard by the vast and rapid growth of the UAV industry, and it was really all they could do just to formulate sets of rules. They also did what they do and defaulted to what they already knew, so many of their modern UAV rules/standards come from the dated RC industry.

It is rare for the FAA to issue onsite enforcement - like that of Police during a car stop - but they can be very reactionary, meaning that if an incident or accident occurs, they will be involved. So if you're wondering about Mr. FAA Inspector popping out from behind a tree when you are flying your UAV back from that three mile run, it's probably not going to happen. But if something happens along the way back, like a bird strike resulting in the copter crashing into someone's windshield, or even worse, a person, Mr. FAA Inspector with eventually get the call, and he can be very expensive...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga