DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone seen a simultaneous multi battery charger for the Mavic Mini?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

No I do not want to fully charge my batteries simultaneously. I am quite happy to leave that to the kosher sequential chargers but I wouldn't mind being able to simultaneously charge batteries for storage voltage. If I am doing this individually in the DJI charger I always forget about them and end up with fully charged batteries.
If I were charging simultaneously I would have a greater time window to remember them.

@PhiliusFoggg i have the YX like the one in the photo it works very well and will charge 4 batts and the controller all at the same time it does not have a fan for cooling like the YX one for my MPP does, i put the charger on a empty square biscuit tin that acts like a heat sync, then they should all charge to a similar level only downside to using this charger is unlike the charge hub it only has one led that shows either on charge or fully charged so you would have to stop the process at some point and try the batteries in the hub to see what the charge level was

Where'd you get your's OMM?
There is one on Amazon UK at sensible money but it comes from China.
I recollect the pre brexit duty threshold was around £38 and I am not sure if that has decreased because of brexit, it's under that but.........

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks, the above is for the air 2, the leads look to be plug ins so I guess it just has a different cable Ordered this one, time will tell I suppose.
OMM if yours has the second plug on each lead what's it for?

Reactions: old man mavic
Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks, the above is for the air 2, the leads look to be plug ins so I guess it just has a different cable Ordered this one, time will tell I suppose.
OMM if yours has the second plug on each lead what's it for?
@PhiliusFoggg its not a second lead its a cover that protects the pins when the battery is not attached

There is one on Amazon UK at sensible money but it comes from China.
You can get the same charger with next day delivery here:

Thanks but I ordered one last night, it's already en-route and under what was previously the duty threshold. It remains to be seen if that still applies post brexit *-up.

You can get the same charger with next day delivery here:

Stupid question. But does that work for Mini 2? I presume it would. I have the same requirement. Charge to storage mode in parallel. It's harder in seq. As you forget!

Physically I think the connections fit but I am not sure if the voltages would work out, I think the 2 is 1/2V higher, whether or not the charger sticks to that I don't know.

No I do not want to fully charge my batteries simultaneously. I am quite happy to leave that to the kosher sequential chargers but I wouldn't mind being able to simultaneously charge batteries for storage voltage. If I am doing this individually in the DJI charger I always forget about them and end up with fully charged batteries.
If I were charging simultaneously I would have a greater time window to remember them.
Powerextra Mavic Mini 6 in 1 Rapid Intelligent Multi Battery Charger (Charge 4 Batteries Simultaneously & 2 USB Ports) Compatible with DJI Mavic Mini Drone (Not Fit Mavic Mini 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085C6VNJG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_z95dGbPJ9G69S

Best of all worlds combined. Buy you one or 2 extra triple chargers. I have 2 taped together that way I can take 6 fully charged out with me while the remaing 3 are charging in my truck and will be charged by the time I run out first 6 if you have a fast car charger. When all batteries are depleted You'll have 3 that can be fast charging simultaneously and another one slower charging in aircraft.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-225859_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210125-225859_Photos.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Oh this tuned up today, quite impressive speed really BUT it'd for a mini 2 = 8.8V vs 8.4V for the MM.
Is this a problem? I haven't stuck a voltmeter across a fully charged MM battery, I suppose that's the sensible ting to do but does anyone know the pinout for the battery connectors?

I can see why there are covers for the connection pins, exposed and delicate looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this tuned up today, quite impressive speed really BUT it'd for a mini 2 = 8.8V vs 8.4V for the MM.
Is this a problem? I haven't stuck a voltmeter across a fully charged MM battery, I suppose that's the sensible ting to do but does anyone know the pinout for the battery connectors?

I can see why there are covers for the connection pins, exposed and delicate looking!
You can open that protected cover and with a small amount of knowledge and want, you can buy the 2 internal batteries for like $5 each just make sure you have some knowledge or get some knowledge before opening up that outer case and do it outside cuz if its very possibly to cause a fire and explosion of battery if you do something wrong but you only need to understand a few things to do this yourself and would save you a lot of money on drone batteries not to mention other power equipment batteries.

That's a pain, You have to be so careful with over charging any Lithium battery, The Mini 1 uses 2 Lithium ion batteries, these typically have a terminal charging voltage of 4.2V per cell, which is where the 8.4V comes from

Going to 8.8V on Lithium ion batteries would be bad - unless the batteries have overcharge protection built in

I think that the Mini 2 charger saying - not for Mini 1, says it all - sadly
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085C6VNJG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_z95dGbPJ9G69S

Ahh, I gave it a go last night but disconnected the batteries before they indicated fully charged. One thing that did give me concern was that the charger hub was quite warm and only has ventilation on the bottom. Given the price I decided to keep it and drill ventilation holes around the top so I split the case, it's glued together, so that I wasn't drilling blind. There are two fairly substantial presumably heat sinks in there. I'd guess the arrowed pot's are voltage controllers, if people think so I may given them a tweak and turn them down a bit. I have good voltmeters, analogue and digtial.

Attachments

• mini (2) charger 1.jpg
    mini (2) charger 1.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 14
  • mini (2) charger 2.jpg
    mini (2) charger 2.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 15
  • mini (2) charger 3.jpg
    mini (2) charger 3.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Smooth Rhythm

DJI Drone Deals