DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has DJI support not improved over the years?

BobbyLashley

Reactions
I remember many years ago when I had the Mavic Pro 1, the DJI tech and support was absolutely horrendous. Passed back and fourth between rep after rep after rep after rep. Constant followups from me, no call or email backs from them. Well I would have thought that they have improved over the years.

Owning a Mavic Air 2 now, I contacted them 2 weeks ago to have a cable replaced and to have a new one sent to me. They said they would send me a confirmation email once it goes through that same day. Nothing. Waited a week nothing. So the next week I get back in touch and the rep says that the supervisor has to confirm and look over the order first. Okay sure but it takes this long to look over an order for a cable replacement? The rep promised I would get an email real soon as he will talk with his supervisor. 2 days later and still no email.

I purchased DJI refresh and I'm wishing I hadn't given them my money for the extra care when it's clearly non existent. Not even companies overseas who you buy 99 cent items from have worse customer support. This much work and runaround for a cable replacement, I couldn't even bare to imagine what it would be like to get a drone replacement from them through refresh! My god, absolutely atrocious support. I find it very hard to believe these are humans working their departments and not AI bots.

Last edited:
Reactions: thefrisbee995
I had my first (and hopefully last) experience with their "support" recently. Their reps are absolutely hopeless, literally take your call/ message and say they will escalate it then you never hear from them again.

My experience - I have the accident cover and I hear that is a decent service (from other posts) but my experience was with my initial Mini 2 order. The courier had a 3 week delay (this was via air, not sea too!!), asked for it to be cancelled, DJI mucked me about (long story short), took 6 weeks to get a refund and nobody could tell me what was happening, had to chase DHL myself about what is happening after tracking stopped working (premium rate phone calls to them) and open a case on PayPal.

Probably why - I get strong overseas call centre vibes from their live chat system - not surprised as it is a Chinese company and I admit, their second language is better than my second language skills... But that doesn't help me when they don't fully understand me.

The inexcusable - The fact that they do very little unless you keep harassing them and they do not follow up via call or email. I am relieved and infuriated that you seem to be getting the same treatment as myself - disgusting when you have paid extra for an "enhanced support" service!!

Reactions: tlswift58
I remember many years ago when I had the Mavic Pro 1, the DJI tech and support was absolutely horrendous. Passed back and fourth between rep after rep after rep after rep. Constant followups from me, no call or email backs from them. Well I would have thought that they have improved over the years.

Owning a Mavic Air 2 now, I contacted them 2 weeks ago to have a cable replaced and to have a new one sent to me. They said they would send me a confirmation email once it goes through that same day. Nothing. Waited a week nothing. So the next week I get back in touch and the rep says that the supervisor has to confirm and look over the order first. Okay sure but it takes this long to look over an order for a cable replacement? The rep promised I would get an email real soon as he will talk with his supervisor. 2 days later and still no email.

I purchased DJI refresh and I'm wishing I hadn't given them my money for the extra care when it's clearly non existent. Not even companies overseas who you buy 99 cent items from have worse customer support. This much work and runaround for a cable replacement, I couldn't even bare to imagine what it would be like to get a drone replacement from them through refresh! My god, absolutely atrocious support.

One thing I have noticed not only with DJI but also with Parrot is inconsistency. Some people seem to breeze right through when they have a problem while others who seem to have a valid warranty issue may be denied or are given "the run around". The same goes with how quickly the process goes. I have had mixed outcomes in regards to warranty between Parrot and DJI. With Parrot I spent 4 months and contact with Parrot HQ was the only reason I got a drone replaced.

With DJI at work, our Enterprise Dual had a problem. It was covered under Enterprise Shield and within 2 weeks we had not a fixed drone, but a brand new drone in the office. Calling for warranty consisted of being switched from DJI to DJI Enterprise while on the phone, but once I was on the phone with them it was under 15 minutes until I had a prepaid return shipping label in my email and in about 2 weeks a new drone.

One thing I can say is that when you are one of the ones that did not have a quick and happy resolution, it ends up on the forums and yes I was quick to post my Parrot experience to all. I only shared my good DJI experience to posts like this, just to give what my experience was.

I hope your problem gets addressed and fixed.

DJI repair was good to me for my P3A and refresh for my M2Z.
P3A repair was a lot less than expected when the gimbal was smashed during a crash. Charged for gimbal repair but clearly was a replacement. Only runaround I got was trying to get new props added to save on their ridiculous shipping. Never got the props from them, ended getting at Best Buy.

Also asked for damaged props and third party gimbal lock/cover back which I thought they never sent. Over a year later found them at the bottom of the box buried with the packing peanuts.

For M2Z refresh, only charged me $2 extra for a broken remote antenna. RC was actually a replacement rather than repair. Only gripe was that quote and invoice confused me. I wanted to pay for the repair which was a bit more than the refresh as it was only a month old, but they wouldn't budge since I had already paid for the refresh.

So some unresolved hassle for special requests but otherwise pleased overall.

I’ve never had any problems with DJI service, and I’ve been buying their products since the first Phantom. Not just Drones either, but gimbals too. Any issues I’ve had have generally been dealt with by the European team in the Netherlands, and they’ve always been great.

If you buy anything DJI. Get on your knees and pray to god you do not need any repairs under warranty where you have to deal with this business. You will receive a better experience being struck by a vehicle.

After an hour on the phone with DJI, and being put on hold 4 times, I have now been told that I will actually receive an email from them within the week. WOW just mind blowing! Not going to happen obviously.

I am going to get a refund on my DJI care refresh. No way in hell I am going through them for drone replacements if it's this much work just to get a cable replacement.

Reactions: tlswift58
Covid has made them extremely hard to deal with. Lost my Mini due to my fault and wanted to see if DJI could give me a better deal on a replacement. Pure agony, as I had to send in logs and such - then they tell me it was pilot error. DER! I told them that from start. The back and forth took over a month to get it to the point of them offering me a new Mini and battery for XYZ price. I paid it and it took like 2 weeks from there to get the replacement drone.

Hope I NEVER have to deal with them again. May look to going to another drone maker if I have to do it and the give me the same run around. No reason for them to be so horrible at prices we pay for the drones.

I have always had good luck with the actual service. It's the nitwits you have to deal with on the phone that is exasperating. I mean what does it take to send you a mailing label?? I guess they have the same horror story's with the customers.

I purchased DJI refresh and I'm wishing I hadn't given them my money for the extra care when it's clearly non existent. Not even companies overseas who you buy 99 cent items from have worse customer support. This much work and runaround for a cable replacement, I couldn't even bare to imagine what it would be like to get a drone replacement from them through refresh! My god, absolutely atrocious support. I find it very hard to believe these are humans working their departments and not AI bots.
Took about ten days to get back to me after a query.

"Hope this finds you well. We are currently receiving high volume of inquiries, but rest assured that we are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible."

Everything takes a while given the state of the Covid world now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+