DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have they fixed the shipping times yet?

thefrisbee995

Reactions
I've been out of them loop on here for a while now. I have a P4P so I've been over on phantom pilots.

My question is, how long does it take to ship a Mavic now in the UK? Is there still massive delays?

If you order direct with DJI.COM you will have your Mavic within a week. But Wholesalers are often enough not even able to deliver at all.

If you sign up for stock notifications with all the usual suspects you'll likely pick one up over here from a UK supplier within 3 or 4 weeks, maybe even sooner.. You need to react quickly to the notifications though as there's still good demand over here.

So it sounds like dji direct orders are prioritised and the 3rd party retailers such as amazon or Jessops are lower priority?

So it sounds like dji direct orders are prioritised and the 3rd party retailers such as amazon or Jessops are lower priority?
It does seem that way. I placed mine on Amazon a few days ago. The seller was "The Official DJI Store". The estimated shipping date was March 20th. I canceled the order and placed it with DJI's actual online store last night, with an estimated ship date of 3-5 business days.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: thefrisbee995
Man, if I sold drones for a living I would be so p1ssed off with DJI. It's been like 5 months and they still haven't got it together

Man, if I sold drones for a living I would be so p1ssed off with DJI. It's been like 5 months and they still haven't got it together

Absolutely... Although I'm glad to get my replacement Mavic so quickly (lost first one in a river) if I were a re-seller I'd be pissed. I did check my usual preferences first: Advexure.com, then Best Buy, then new Egg... as I would rather deal semi-locally in case of an issue.

I'm wondering if DJI, getting big enough, will go to a direct ordering system period and cut out the middle man. I hope not, I do not particularly like dealing with DJI direct...

If you buy from Newegg, you're buying directly from The DJI Store. They're showing 3 day shipping.

That is correct.... that is how I got my P4P... but I do like going through Best Buy (or a physical store/local chain) if possible, much better if you need to return something, especially in the first 30 days vs 7 days with DJI.

Here in Australia I got notified by DJI that the Mavik is now in stock for direct purchase. I ordered it and within 7 days I had the delivery via DHL Express. They took care of customs clearance and payment of GST. That was over a month ago. All of the DJI dealers around me are still in preorder mode today. So definitely direct orders with DJI have preference.

Sent from my SM-N910G using MavicPilots mobile app

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688