DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have You Calibrated Your Phone?

McTerry

Reactions
So this may seem strange, and I am not sure if it could cause an issue with drones but it just might.
I have had my Google Pixel for a year now and just today realized it also needs to be calibrated. While the location always showed up just fine, the direction it was facing would sometimes be off. The issue didn't seem to matter much when driving cause Google Maps doesn't much care which way you are facing and uses location data to determine the direction of travel. However, drones do use this information. So it may be worthwhile to go ahead and calibrate your phone. Only takes a couple seconds.

For Android Users:

1. Open the Google Maps app.
2. Make a figure 8 until your compass is calibrated. You should only have to do this a few times.
eloZBMBLQ9o8CC_84rfN-JedVCdzStQhhbs1FImcgOEmUYoeijg-tS4xNh6Kmd234n4=w350

3. The beam should become narrow and point in the right direction.

Reactions: Cranky
So this may seem strange, and I am not sure if it could cause an issue with drones but it just might.
I have had my Google Pixel for a year now and just today realized it also needs to be calibrated. While the location always showed up just fine, the direction it was facing would sometimes be off. The issue didn't seem to matter much when driving cause Google Maps doesn't much care which way you are facing and uses location data to determine the direction of travel. However, drones do use this information. So it may be worthwhile to go ahead and calibrate your phone. Only takes a couple seconds.

For Android Users:

1. Open the Google Maps app.
2. Make a figure 8 until your compass is calibrated. You should only have to do this a few times.
eloZBMBLQ9o8CC_84rfN-JedVCdzStQhhbs1FImcgOEmUYoeijg-tS4xNh6Kmd234n4=w350

3. The beam should become narrow and point in the right direction.
I do that with my phone; it is harder than it looks, almost like a sobriety test.

Reactions: McTerry
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929