DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Have you ever felt LOST?

Just a HERO

Reactions
Hi mates.
After 4 days of recording and a bunch more of editing, I managed to finish a "cinematic" video to say the least. I know its no movie trailer, but I tried.
?

Seriously looking forward for feedback and what can I do better next time, especially about "sound design" which I'm not sure about it at this moment.
?

Recorded with the help of DJI Mavic Mini and a HERO9, edited in Premiere Pro
?

I don't normally like this sort of stuff but personally I think that was very well done.
Can't comment about the sound as I am deaf

I liked it also. The transitions with the music was spot on as far I was concerned. Good use of all cameras.
keep it going your doing great.

Very impressive video and editing. My skill level isn't up a the level that allows me to make many valuable comments.

I'm unable to understand most of the narration, though. So, it's hard to get a grasp on the story being presented.

Reactions: dozzn
I think it's well put together. Sound is good. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

As my first post in this area I really wasn't expecting anyone to comment, especially with such positive toughts!
I am impressed how the thread went and at the same time super happy by everyones reaction! I am still working on another video which has the same pattern, but I hope, improved and more dynamic that this one.
I will definitely share it around when its done. Not more than another week I hope. Basically the video is 90% complete. Just need to adjust the sound design in one way or another
?

Special thanks to PhiliusFoggg. If a deaf person makes sense of the footage I put together, that means I succeded! Thank you mates!

Hi mates.
After 4 days of recording and a bunch more of editing, I managed to finish a "cinematic" video to say the least. I know its no movie trailer, but I tried.
?

Seriously looking forward for feedback and what can I do better next time, especially about "sound design" which I'm not sure about it at this moment.
?

?

My first comment was, "Am I losing my hearing?" I could not hear what she was saying. The voice was muted and overpowered by the music. The music was overly melodramatic. The scene seems to be set as an axe murderer until I realized, no, that's not an axe, it's an Osmo Gimbal! So what in the hell is going on in this story? I have absolutely no idea whatsoever. So I played it again all the way through. Still didn't have a clue what your film was all about.

On the positive side, nice flying, and editing.

Very poor story telling in my opinion. If you held a gun to my head I could not tell you what this was all about.

Dale
Miami

My first comment was, "Am I losing my hearing?" I could not hear what she was saying. The voice was muted and overpowered by the music. The music was overly melodramatic. The scene seems to be set as an axe murderer until I realized, no, that's not an axe, it's an Osmo Gimbal! So what in the hell is going on in this story? I have absolutely no idea whatsoever. So I played it again all the way through. Still didn't have a clue what your film was all about.

On the positive side, nice flying, and editing.

Very poor story telling in my opinion. If you held a gun to my head I could not tell you what this was all about.

Dale
Miami
That's a bit harsh. I agree the sound mixing could have been better. The voice should have been clearer/louder. The narrative seemed reasonably clear to me, and revealed gradually through the video. It could certainly be improved, but with more work it could be an interesting DJI viral ad.

It's at least as good as David Lynch's first short film (don't bother looking it up; it was terrible) and he's a world-renowned director now.

Hi mates.
?

?

?

Very nice man ! Way to get creative and do something different. Good to see ! How did you learn and get experience with Premiere Pro ? Is it worth taking classes ?

Excellent cinematography, you’ve got that nailed. I have to agree that the female vocal track suffered. At first I thought it was one of those things where you weren’t supposed to know what she was saying. It wasn’t until near the end did I realize she said something about lost.

From the outset, I had the impression I was going to be told a story. However, it never quite materialized, and I, like Dale has mentioned, was left scratching my head. There was no defining moment, no “oh! That’s what’s going on!” You brought us along for the journey, but left us before we arrived.

You’ve got the potential, and I really look forward to your next effort!

- Jeff

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet