DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you guys had UPS steal the contents of your package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I had it happen a few months ago with a tripod... Luckily I was home and the UPS guy handed me an empty box lol... I told him hold on because the box seemed extra light so I opened it up right in from of him... He asked me what I wanted to do I told him add to the notes that I’m refusing to accept the package because it was empty.... I notified Amazon immediately and told them to note what just happened as well... They called the next day with a new shipping number with overnight shipping.

I noticed the original package was shipped from Florida so no telling when it was stole but the last shipment was much closer.

Last edited:
This is a situation that makes me glad we have surveillance cameras around our entire house. I'd have multiple angles/views of the package as it was delivered. The cameras are near 4K resolution. It would be easy to look back at the recorded video and spot any crude package tampering that was obvious during delivery.

In fact, I used our surveillance video in June to prove that an item delivered was damaged (bent) during delivery. I had video of the UPS driver carrying the long box to the front door, carrying the box in the middle only, with a clear bend in the packaging. The seller happily replaced the item after being sent a still frame from the video.

Mark

Last edited:
How did that donated stuff from Facebook get in a box you bought from a third party Amazon seller?

They claimed to have video of them scanning and packing the package. I just asked for the Video and they can't find it.

Forget dealing with the third party seller. Go to Amazon and be diligent. This type of scam they are familiar with, and if you play hard, they will refund you and ban the seller.

if you paid by credit card, stop the payment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Forget dealing with the third party seller. Go to Amazon and be diligent. This type of scam they are familiar with, and if you play hard, they will refund you and ban the seller.

if you paid by credit card, stop the payment.

I am trying to deal with amazon but they are telling me to wait for the third party to try to resolve it. It doesn't sound like they will. They keep saying they have all these different types of evidence but when I ask for it, they ignore it or say we wont give you anything only provide information to amazon.

Here is what it looked like. I don't want to put my hands in there and move items around because I really don't know what is in the plastic bag. If it is not resolved by Monday or Tuesday I will post the 3rd party Sellers information because they continue to lie to me.

Reactions: raymo
This type of seller will scam a bunch for a short time, then close the account and start a new one. The longer you wait, the better the chance you wont recover.
Reverse the charges RIGHT NOW!!!!

This type of seller will scam a bunch for a short time, then close the account and start a new one. The longer you wait, the better the chance you wont recover.
Reverse the charges RIGHT NOW!!!!
I am trying but since it was on an amazon store card they want me to go through amazon.

I am trying but since it was on an amazon store card they want me to go through amazon.
Sorry this happened to you.
Just know, This is ABSOLUTELY A scam artist seller. Once they disappear, (and they will) your probably out of luck. I think you are holding on for them to make good, thats why you wont out them. They are playing you till all scam sales go through, then they will be gone.
Warn others. Your purchase is NOT going to just show up. EVER.

Sorry this happened to you.
Just know, This is ABSOLUTELY A scam artist seller. Once they disappear, (and they will) your probably out of luck. I think you are holding on for them to make good, thats why you wont out them. They are playing you till all scam sales go through, then they will be gone.
Warn others. Your purchase is NOT going to just show up. EVER.

I know I talked to the bank that issued the amazon store card. They said if no one helps they will assist in doing a charge back.

I know I talked to the bank that issued the amazon store card. They said if no one helps they will assist in doing a charge back.
Good luck my friend!

Good luck my friend!

Thanks, I finally got a person on the phone that sees that the seller is not responding with the information requested. They filed an A to Z claim some kind of protection against 3rd party sellers.

Reactions: KG in CT
Worked for UPS part time. We ended up delivering a super light, yet banged up box to a house. An hour later the recipient tracked our truck down and told us we delivered an empty package. The package was already badly worn when it was loaded. When we were told that is was a skateboard from Amazon, we could only conclude that it was packaged so poorly, the skateboard busted itself out during one of the trips in a processing facility. This is unfortunately a common issue with Amazon, especially with heavier packages. We end up having to reseal boxes that were opening up in transit to keep from spilling out. Normally it’s caught, but other times it slips through. It’s usually almost always the sellers fault. They are responsible for ensuring packages are packages sufficiently to keep from getting opened in transit. Amazon CS should still be able to issue a refund with some persistence, but never do 3rd party on Amazon.

I don't know bud, I am so confused about this situation. I guess in the end, I signed for it but you can't open the package before you sign for it.

That's not true ... you are allowed to open your package before signing for it. Drivers like to get their days over as quickly as possible, so they push pretty hard to get the receiver to sign for the product.

I think that since you have the box/serial number identified...?
Should be easy for DJI/Seller to track that down...DJI knows when someone activates, or connects to the internet...can they DISABLE a drone? lol (dare I mention what the future holds)

I think that since you have the box/serial number identified...?
Should be easy for DJI/Seller to track that down...DJI knows when someone activates, or connects to the internet...can they DISABLE a drone? lol (dare I mention what the future holds)
nope they refused to help me and according to the seller they refused to help them. I really don't think this was caused by the seller. I removed the post of my son holding his M2zoom and my invoice for the M2P because it had the seller on it. I see a ton of good reviews for them and other folks on the boards have had a good experience with them so I don't want to put it out there yet. I really think this has to do with UPS but I could be wrong.

nope they refused to help me and according to the seller they refused to help them. I really don't think this was caused by the seller. I removed the post of my son holding his M2zoom and my invoice for the M2P because it had the seller on it. I see a ton of good reviews for them and other folks on the boards have had a good experience with them so I don't want to put it out there yet. I really think this has to do with UPS but I could be wrong.

Always someone looking for a freebie. :(

PS, I (along with a few others I see) use to work for UPS during the Holiday Rush...never witnessed anything like what was mentioned. Just lots of boxes from Amazon, tires, and long hours in 2006/2007/2008. I was extremely taken back by having to provide a Direct Signature for B&H this Friday, luckily I was already working from home...who else REQUIRES a signature these days!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brigadier B