DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you guys had UPS steal the contents of your package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I am going to famous guys!
Well not really but I will be on tv. Channel 3 has called me about the issue because when the claim was denied I contacted 3 on your side and I just got off the phone. Wants to do an interview.
Nobody is interested in this story- it has a happy ending...

****, should I still talk to the news? @LuvMyTJ @ac0j @Just_nick @WithTheBirds

Hello,

My name is Jenny and I am a member of the Amazon.com A-to-Z Guarantee Claims department. Jeff Bezos received your email and I am responding on his behalf.

A full refund for the claim amount was issued to the payment method you used to place order 111-3916626-1973869. You can check the status of your refund on the Your Orders page in the Your Account section of our website (www.amazon.com/youraccount).

-- Refund Date: 29th October, 2018
-- Refund Amount: $1,499.00

If the order was paid by credit card, it may take several business days for the refund to appear on your credit card account. Please check with your issuing bank to confirm that it has been posted. If the order was paid by gift certificate, these funds should be available now for use as payment on a future order.

Sincerely,
I would in a very general way. Let people know it can and does happen with 3rd party sellers on a regular basis. Keep the story about the events and how they panned out, without mentioning the seller or UPS, or Amazon in any way they could sue you for.
ETA; Dont place the blame on any one of them in particular!

I would in a very general way. Let people know it can and does happen with 3rd party sellers on a regular basis. Keep the story about the events and how they panned out, without mentioning the seller or UPS, or Amazon in any way they could sue you for.
Thanks. I can always rely on you for solid information.

One of half million plus employees looked after your tick and flick- the personal assistants would have better things to do...
Sorry bud, I have to disagree with your statement. Actually if you check, Jeff has assistants that read his email and forward them to him. There is an article that Jeff Reads most of his emails from customers.
Why Jeff Bezos sends his Amazon executives emails with a single character: ‘?’

Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Explains Why He Sends Single Character '?' Emails

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos still reads customer emails regularly and has unique way of responding

Hello,

My name is Jenny and I am a member of the Amazon.com A-to-Z Guarantee Claims department. Jeff Bezos received your email and I am responding on his behalf.

A full refund for the claim amount was issued to the payment method you used to place order 111-3916626-1973869. You can check the status of your refund on the Your Orders page in the Your Account section of our website (www.amazon.com/youraccount).

If the order was paid by credit card, it may take several business days for the refund to appear on your credit card account. Please check with your issuing bank to confirm that it has been posted. If the order was paid by gift certificate, these funds should be available now for use as payment on a future order.

Sincerely,

Sorry bud, I have to disagree with your statement. Actually if you check, Jeff has assistants that read his email and forward them to him. There is an article that Jeff Reads most of his emails from customers.
Why Jeff Bezos sends his Amazon executives emails with a single character: ‘?’

Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Explains Why He Sends Single Character '?' Emails

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos still reads customer emails regularly and has unique way of responding

Hello,

Sincerely,
Sounds very much like a standard script.... if you have good business processes in place you don’t need that level of micromanagement from the boss. Absent a reasonable expectation of a media Enquiry or event that may require informing shareholders or regulatory authorities matters of this nature wouldn’t get individually reported to the executive. They would get nothing done.

Sounds very much like a standard script.... if you have good business processes in place you don’t need that level of micromanagement from the boss. Absent a reasonable expectation of a media Enquiry or event that may require informing shareholders or regulatory authorities matters of this nature wouldn’t get individually reported to the executive. They would get nothing done.
I dig it. I watched an interview with Jeff and he said that he has a small team of 4 people that read his email and forward the ones that they can't approve to him. True or not, idk but in the emails from them and to jeff go to an executive account. If you call Amazon corporate and ask to speak to Jeff they will route your call and another lady named Rachael. +Edit someone from the media is in touch with his office and he is dealing with Amy and Rachel to see if they want to give a statement or provide a phone interview on why they denied my claim when it was clearly under their A to Z guarantee. We shall see bud, once it airs I am sure someone very high up will contact me because they have a huge office in Arizona.

Last edited:
The problem is that the reporter has a copy of all the emails and he wants to warn people of this scam and in addition to that, he will read the emails outloud including Koozam. He did some investigation on the company and her has printed out all the negative reviews on amazon and on the forums for Phantom Pilots and Mavic Pilots but as long as I don't say Koozam scammed me or UPS scammed me, I should be ok in just saying I am a victim of fraud and the parties involved were Koozam and UPS but not place blame?

The problem is that the reporter has a copy of all the emails and he wants to warn people of this scam and in addition to that, he will read the emails outloud including Koozam. He did some investigation on the company and her has printed out all the negative reviews on amazon and on the forums for Phantom Pilots and Mavic Pilots but as long as I don't say Koozam scammed me or UPS scammed me, I should be ok in just saying I am a victim of fraud and the parties involved were Koozam and UPS but not place blame?
That is what I would do. And if the reporter tries to lay blame, remind her that there is no way to be sure WHO did the deed, it is more about that it CAN happen to anyone with ANY seller. Even on ebay.

That is what I would do. And if the reporter tries to lay blame, remind her that there is no way to be sure WHO did the deed, it is more about that it CAN happen to anyone with ANY seller. Even on ebay.

He asked me to put a table out with all of my drones and equipment on it and he wants to include that I use drones at work. Do you think this is too much? Seems like he is trying to play it up more. I have never dealt with the media before so I don't know how they work with things like this.

He asked me to put a table out with all of my drones and equipment on it and he wants to include that I use drones at work. Do you think this is too much? Seems like he is trying to play it up more. I have never dealt with the media before so I don't know how they work with things like this.
They will be unpredictable. It wont be live, so if they ask something you are uncomfortable with, decline to answer. For all you know it may turn into a dangerous drone story. So be ready to answer to stupid questions about drone crashes, of which there are NONE that amounted to more than a bird strike. or caused an aircraft to be disabled in any way. and No injuries to people that were life threatening.
The only evidence of drone damage is dents, cuts or bruises.

Why even continue to go through with a TV interview. Amazon / Jeff has resolved the issue and done more than most retailers would have.

Also...expect this for every UPS package going forward :)

They will be unpredictable. It wont be live, so if they ask something you are uncomfortable with, decline to answer. For all you know it may turn into a dangerous drone story. So be ready to answer to stupid questions about drone crashes, of which there are NONE that amounted to more than a bird strike. or caused an aircraft to be disabled in any way. and No injuries to people that were life threatening.
The only evidence of drone damage is dents, cuts or bruises.
ok cool.

Why even continue to go through with a TV interview. Amazon / Jeff has resolved the issue and done more than most retailers would have.

8KyLGd.gif

Why? Because they denied my claim and people need to know about this kind of scam. Yes it is resolved now but amazon denied my A to Z claim because I signed for it. People need to know that they can open a package before signing for it. Especially now that the holiday seasons are approaching and yes I will tell them amazon resolved it but the seller lied several times in the communication with amazon but amazon didn't ask for the proof and when I did I was denied the ability to see the
videos". You shouldn't have to go to a CEO to resolve a problem. Clearly a M2P does not weigh 8lbs as the package says. As others have said people need to know about this. No one should have to go through what I did to get this resolved. I had to contact the Attorney Generals office to even get noticed.

Last edited:

8KyLGd.gif

@ac0j
@WithTheBirds
@Yogi
@abtocmeptb
@DanMan32
@Just_nick

If you guys don't think I should do the interview then I won't but it took over 40 hours of my time to get this resolved. Between phone calls, emails, chats, UPS, Jeff Bezos assistant who assured me it would be taken care of with the A to Z claim but it was denied. It also caused a lot of stress and over 15 phone calls. Complaints to the AG, Complaints to Credit Card company, begging for proof of the videos. I am not saying the seller is bad, I am just saying I am a victim of fraud, Either UPS or the Seller. Who knows but I feel that my story should be told. What do you guys think?

@ac0j
@WithTheBirds
@Yogi
@abtocmeptb
@DanMan32
@Just_nick

If you guys don't think I should do the interview then I won't but it took over 40 hours of my time to get this resolved. Between phone calls, emails, chats, UPS, Jeff Bezos assistant who assured me it would be taken care of with the A to Z claim but it was denied. It also caused a lot of stress and over 15 phone calls. Complaints to the AG, Complaints to Credit Card company, begging for proof of the videos. I am not saying the seller is bad, I am just saying I am a victim of fraud, Either UPS or the Seller. Who knows but I feel that my story should be told. What do you guys think?
What do you think? Only you can make the decision.

A good question to ask yourself is what you might hope to achieve in proceeding with the interview?

How might you be portrayed? Skewed questions and sneaky editing could make you look like a goose.

I cant see the story proceeding. I think most people have caught on that insurance is a good option when buying online.

What do you think? Only you can make the decision.

A good question to ask yourself is what you might hope to achieve in proceeding with the interview?

How might you be portrayed? Skewed questions and sneaky editing could make you look like a goose.

I cant see the story proceeding. I think most people have caught on that insurance is a good option when buying online.

My goal is to inform people of things like this and that they can open a package before they sign for it. Another thing is that I want to point out that the seller made several false claims and that the A to Z protection is not as it seems. It was denied because I signed for it. I agree with the skewed questioning and editing so I need to be careful. I don't want some poor fella to have to go through all this to get a resolution. I want to point out that the seller claimed to have video of the UPS driver delivering the package. I want to point out that the package said 8lbs when it could not weighed more than 2.6lbs this makes me point back to the seller. Wouldn't you think the seller would put the correct weight on a package to save money on delivery?

The bigger issue at hand is resolved but people need to know about this scam and open packages before they receive them.

They didn't lie about the weight. A standard house brick weighs around 3.5kg, allow 450gms for the apples and the marbles/sand or whatever and its going to be over 8lbs easy.

The question you should be asking is who might be happy to donate a brick and apples as ballast? The answer probably is someone who understood packages are weighed at certain points in the delivery chain and that to remove the original product might require that something be put in its place in an effort to avoid suspicion/detection.

Reactions: jaysrmc
I say do it. There are a lot of people that are the "I dont want to be involved" type.
But they are no help to society. People SHOULD know what can and DOES happen. They need to know that they are not alone, and with perseverance, all is not lost. They also need to know what you have learned the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman