DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you guys had UPS steal the contents of your package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant imagine as fast paced as UPS is that there is time to go through packages pick interesting boxes and opening them and replacing the with contents with garbage. (would the stuff you got be in a UPS loading and sorting area?) I would expect actual packing tape to be more available than duct tape. When your job is unloading sorting and reloading, hundreds of boxes a day. You dont see much more than the postal code and street names. Besides, it would be much easier to NOT scan the package, and it just disappears in tracking.
I have seen some items on Amazon with tons of positive feedback. BUT, a lot of times you can tell it is fake feedback by just reading them and checking times. I was looking at android powered streaming TV boxes. I am 100% sure it is a bad seller. Why would they ever admit that to you? Of course they are "playing along"

Reactions: WithTheBirds
I cant imagine as fast paced as UPS is that there is time to go through packages pick interesting boxes and opening them and replacing the with contents with garbage. (would the stuff you got be in a UPS loading and sorting area?) I would expect actual packing tape to be more available than duct tape. When your job is unloading sorting and reloading, hundreds of boxes a day. You dont see much more than the postal code and street names. Besides, it would be much easier to NOT scan the package, and it just disappears in tracking.
I have seen some items on Amazon with tons of positive feedback. BUT, a lot of times you can tell it is fake feedback by just reading them and checking times. I was looking at android powered streaming TV boxes. I am 100% sure it is a bad seller. Why would they ever admit that to you? Of course they are "playing along"
To the extent the box arrived as it did the theft and replacement with crap likely occurred towards the start of the chain, probably prior to UPS collecting it. There wouldn’t be much point in trying to get the weight about right otherwise. Even then whoever did it is probably a moron as they put all the weight at the bottom, it wouldn’t have felt right moving it. I’m surprised the house brick didn’t fall out.

The can might give a clue. If it’s a product that isn’t readilly available in the USA especially. If for example it was a product you might ordinarily expect to buy in Guangzhou (where the seller is) that might make it less likely that UPS are to blame.

A couple of comments. If you see a price to good to be true, watch out. Scammers hack a good Amazon seller account and put up pics with an email for you to respond to them. Its a scam.

I have cameras outside my house so I can see the driveway, the street and the front porch so I can review it if I have to.

I know a woman who's ex was caught stealing from UPS packages in route, got fired, got hired by FedEX. True story.

Reactions: dirkclod
A couple of comments. If you see a price to good to be true, watch out. Scammers hack a good Amazon seller account and put up pics with an email for you to respond to them. Its a scam.

I have cameras outside my house so I can see the driveway, the street and the front porch so I can review it if I have to.

I know a woman who's ex was caught stealing from UPS packages in route, got fired, got hired by FedEX. True story.

Thnanks TJ. The seller is reputable that is why I asked to have the posts with the sellers name on it removed. I don't want to give them a bad rep if they didn't do it and UPS did it. Ya dig? @WithTheBirds is a good dude and understood why I didn't want the name out there. I just had to prove that the box behind me was for my sons M2P Zoom and not the M2P. Once everything is figured out, I will post the vendor either good or bad. Cameras are coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been scammed all kinds of ways with online purchases and I've never had a problem getting my money back. Once was even from Amazon Prime Now who packed it in their own warehouse in my City and drove it straight over and when I opened the box my very expensive computer part was nowhere to be found. The refunded me that day after I sent them pictures.

I know that one way UPS and USPS will steal packages is to place them somewhere they can be "lost" and then wait for you to file an inquiry for a lost package. If you ever have a delivery that's a couple of days late and you file an inquiry it'll typically turn up the next day but if you wait two weeks or whatever someone will have already taken it home.

To the extent the box arrived as it did the theft and replacement with crap likely occurred towards the start of the chain, probably prior to UPS collecting it. There wouldn’t be much point in trying to get the weight about right otherwise. Even then whoever did it is probably a moron as they put all the weight at the bottom, it wouldn’t have felt right moving it. I’m surprised the house brick didn’t fall out.

The can might give a clue. If it’s a product that isn’t readilly available in the USA especially. If for example it was a product you might ordinarily expect to buy in Guangzhou (where the seller is) that might make it less likely that UPS are to blame.

The can is some kind of weird canned apples. I have no idea who would even used canned apples. We will eventually get to the bottom of it. If amazon determines it was UPS then I would be happy because it really does seem like the seller has a good rep. I am going to wrap this up until friday when Amazon finishes their investigation. Last night my neighbor showed me security video but you cant see the top of the box clearly.

I ordered some very expensive stuff from a 3rd party seller on amazon. They had amazing ratings and seem to be good folks. When the box arrived, there was regular packing tape on the box but duct tape on top of it. I signed for it and opened it. Inside was some trash and other crap. I chased the driver down and showed him. He said contact amazon. I contacted the third party seller through amazon and they are basically saying that I must have done it. I didn't even make it in the house before I ran to the UPS guy and called amazon within minutes of this.. Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

Edit the seller is blaming me saying the cameras in UPS trucks show the package without duct tape. The UPS truck does not have a camera in the back that can see the packages because I asked the UPS guy today about who or how this could have happened. He said 9 times out of ten it would be someone at UPS that pulled a switcheroo.

When you deal with ******** you may need to turn into ******* just a little bit. Call card company and either chargeback or claim fraudulent charge. It helps if your card is American Express. They taking your side all the time.

The can is some kind of weird canned apples. I have no idea who would even used canned apples. We will eventually get to the bottom of it. If amazon determines it was UPS then I would be happy because it really does seem like the seller has a good rep. I am going to wrap this up until friday when Amazon finishes their investigation. Last night my neighbor showed me security video but you cant see the top of the box clearly.
Does the canned apples have look like it’s a product you would find locally in China? Where are they packaged? Brand?

Reactions: dirkclod
Thing is, you indicated the seller kept changing his story and stonewalling you. That isn't the way a reputable seller would act. If they had evidence you received the goods based on camera video, they should be able to provide it.

Funny story: I bought something from Amazon. I think it was 3 smoke detectors. Received notice it was delivered, but I didn't find the package. Called Amazon, they said give it another day or two as often packages get recorded as delivered but really weren't delivered yet.
Turned out my dad stopped by while I was still at work and put the package in my garage next to the door into the house. Not sure how I missed it so many times looking for it.
I replied to Amazon that I found the package.

Does the canned apples have look like it’s a product you would find locally in China? Where are they packaged? Brand?
THe apples are labeled country apples, all English, they look odd, I have never seen anything like them before maybe it is a weird thing.. Here is a photo.

IMG_20181029_094716.jpg

Thing is, you indicated the seller kept changing his story and stonewalling you. That isn't the way a reputable seller would act. If they had evidence you received the goods based on camera video, they should be able to provide it.

Funny story: I bought something from Amazon. I think it was 3 smoke detectors. Received notice it was delivered, but I didn't find the package. Called Amazon, they said give it another day or two as often packages get recorded as delivered but really weren't delivered yet.
Turned out my dad stopped by while I was still at work and put the package in my garage next to the door into the house. Not sure how I missed it so many times looking for it.
I replied to Amazon that I found the package.

Amazon has sided with the seller because I signed for it. So now I had to dispute it with my card company. Lesson learned I guess. I am going to go ahead and order one form amazon and wait for the dispute to go through.
@LuvMyTJ @ac0j @Just_nick @WithTheBirds

Amazon has sided with the seller because I signed for it. So now I had to dispute it with my card company. Lesson learned I guess. I am going to go ahead and order one form amazon and wait for the dispute to go through.

I am going to wait until Amazon's executive team weighs in on it. I ddn't want to do it because this guy really has it out for amazon sometimes but he is a reporter that reports on people getting scammed and stuff. I emailed him last week and he said he is interested in doing a interview with me.

I am going to wait until Amazon's executive team weighs in on it. I ddn't want to do it because this guy really has it out for amazon sometimes but he is a reporter that reports on people getting scammed and stuff. I emailed him last week and he said he is interested in doing a interview with me.

One of Jeff's Bezos assistants has over ruled the decision and my refund has been approved.

Great news!
Actually I am going to famous guys!
Well not really but I will be on tv. Channel 3 has called me about the issue because when the claim was denied I contacted 3 on your side and I just got off the phone. Wants to do an interview.

Well not really but I will be on tv. Channel 3 has called me about the issue because when the claim was denied I contacted 3 on your side and I just got off the phone. Wants to do an interview.
Be careful not to say anything bad about any of the companies involved by name! :D

****, should I still talk to the news? @LuvMyTJ @ac0j @Just_nick @WithTheBirds

Hello,

My name is Jenny and I am a member of the Amazon.com A-to-Z Guarantee Claims department. Jeff Bezos received your email and I am responding on his behalf.

A full refund for the claim amount was issued to the payment method you used to place order 111-3916626-1973869. You can check the status of your refund on the Your Orders page in the Your Account section of our website (www.amazon.com/youraccount).

-- Refund Date: 29th October, 2018
-- Refund Amount: $1,499.00

If the order was paid by credit card, it may take several business days for the refund to appear on your credit card account. Please check with your issuing bank to confirm that it has been posted. If the order was paid by gift certificate, these funds should be available now for use as payment on a future order.

Sincerely,

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook