DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you guys had UPS steal the contents of your package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysrmc

Reactions
I ordered some very expensive stuff from a 3rd party seller on amazon. They had amazing ratings and seem to be good folks. When the box arrived, there was regular packing tape on the box but duct tape on top of it. I signed for it and opened it. Inside was some trash and other crap. I chased the driver down and showed him. He said contact amazon. I contacted the third party seller through amazon and they are basically saying that I must have done it. I didn't even make it in the house before I ran to the UPS guy and called amazon within minutes of this.. Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

Edit the seller is blaming me saying the cameras in UPS trucks show the package without duct tape. The UPS truck does not have a camera in the back that can see the packages because I asked the UPS guy today about who or how this could have happened. He said 9 times out of ten it would be someone at UPS that pulled a switcheroo.

I bet it was really a good price, wasnt it......
at least you got some trash. :D
Old scam. Good luck with amazon. If you are persistent you might get your money back.

Old scam. Good luck with amazon. If you are persistent you might get your money back.

It was a good price but still expensive. I used my amazon store card and I called the bank that issued it, they said if amazon doesnt fix it, they will

It also had some stuff donated to me by a member of a facebook group to assist in my youtube videos. I have a desk full of stuff to give away but this throws a wrench in it. Filters for M2P, Skins from Decal girl, my stuff.. Just shocked man..

How many packages do you think the UPS employees might steal from before it was detected and an internal investigation launched. Of course it would happen occasionally but the chance it happed to you is slim.

More likely you got screwed by the seller.

ALWAYS insist on insured freight and preferably use a payment method where you can get your money reimbursed.

Was it a too good to be true deal?

Reactions: Meta4
Nothing new. More likely it's the seller's fault. I bought a brand new headset once but received a used once. It really looks used and one of the speakers is broken.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
How many packages do you think the UPS employees might steal from before it was detected and an internal investigation launched. Of course it would happen occasionally but the chance it happend to you is slim.

More likely you got screwed by the seller.

ALWAYS insist on insured freight and preferably use a payment method where you can get your money reimbursed.

Was it a too good to be true deal?

No it wasn't like too good to be true, the gear from the 3rd party seller was about 100 below msrp and no tax that is why I went with them. They had like 300 positive reviews so I figured go for it. I also read posts before buying that the seller was legit. I am not worried about it too much because first the seller said they would contact DJI and disable the drone. I told them go ahead and do it. They then replied that DJI cannot do it. That is when they said that UPS has an investigation going and that they would have video of the driver delivering the package with no duct tape. It is all BS because I opened the box before the UPS driver could drive off and then ran down two houses to show him. He told me to call amazon. Today I flagged him down and asked about the cameras in his truck, if he could find if a package was delivered with duct tape on it or not. He said no cameras in the back of the truck. Sometimes they have one in the front to watch the driver but it only records in the event of an accident.

It also had some stuff donated to me by a member of a facebook group to assist in my youtube videos. I have a desk full of stuff to give away but this throws a wrench in it. Filters for M2P, Skins from Decal girl, my stuff.. Just shocked man..
How did that donated stuff from Facebook get in a box you bought from a third party Amazon seller?

So the seller went from blaming you to having UPS initiate an investigation within an hour? That’s a change of heart. Will be interesting to hear what happens next...

Know I guy who worked Temp at UPS said it happens when
they load the trucks at the loading centers(terminals)
looking for high dollar items like I-phones..
He would throw the boxes into the back of the trucks a guy in the truck (out of camera) and loading Managers would open box reach in pocket item (not driver)
My guy said it was very rampant.... all temps low pay(nonunion) High turn over (LPI)

Last edited:
Reactions: krobert291
( Mod Removed ). The seller did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did that donated stuff from Facebook get in a box you bought from a third party Amazon seller?
The items were on my wish list from the same seller :( but I just found out he didn't use them to purchase because they weren't prime so I should get those items any day now.

So the seller went from blaming you to having UPS initiate an investigation within an hour? That’s a change of heart. Will be interesting to hear what happens next...

Yes first they blamed a neighbor, then me when I told them I was the one who accepted the package. Then they blamed UPS when I told them that I tracked down the driver and showed him.

They said they have video of the warehouse scanning my item and packing it. I asked them to show me the video and they said no so I asked them to show amazon.

I did not mean to piss in your Rice Crispies

It happens... and that my story and I'm sticking to it.!

I don't think he was replying to you about that. Nick is very opinionated
( Mod Removed. The seller did it.
I don't think he was replying to you about that. Nick is very opinionated
and we rarely see eye to eye but he is a pretty smart/good dude.

Reactions: charliesRig
I once had to ship a computer and a monitor back to the seller, just before Christmas and these were in two separate boxes but shipped at the same time. Strangely enough, the shipment never arrived via UPS. I filed a claim and asked for an explanation, to which UPS said, with the millions of packages they ship, sometimes one does go missing.

Of course I understand that can happen, however, to have both of my boxes go missing at the same time was too much of a coincidence and was clearly a fact that someone along the way, saw them and decided to steal them since contents were on the shipping papers. Thankfully that was the only bad experience with using UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13