DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having latency problems

Rocket 3 GT

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2 and in my last two flights I have had an issue. Everything is going fine and after maybe ten or fifteen minutes of flying I start getting latency issues. At least a 5 second lag between sending the input and the drone reacting to the input. Anyone experience this and what did you do to correct it? Thanks much!

I have a Mavic Air 2 and in my last two flights I have had an issue. Everything is going fine and after maybe ten or fifteen minutes of flying I start getting latency issues. At least a 5 second lag between sending the input and the drone reacting to the input. Anyone experience this and what did you do to correct it? Thanks much!
I have too. Seems to be at my house possibly when the iPad is connecting to my wifi. Out in a field I have no problem.
I have also seen this with GO4 when recording lots of video that is being cached to the view device. Try with video caching off.

How far away? What obstacles? What other sources of WIFI in the area around the drone?

Mine instances both occurred away from obstacles away from WiFi and with the drone within view. In locations with a weak phone signal If that matters.

You're probably aware of this already but when you take a photo in certain modes(especially 48MP mode), the screen will freeze until it's done writing to the card...

You're probably aware of this already but when you take a photo in certain modes(especially 48MP mode), the screen will freeze until it's done writing to the card...
I was not aware of that so thanks for suggesting I look into that. If that was the problem would it do it with ever pic taken or could they build up to an issue with many pics taken. I never changed the mode while I was shooting.

I was not aware of that so thanks for suggesting I look into that. If that was the problem would it do it with ever pic taken or could they build up to an issue with many pics taken. I never changed the mode while I was shooting.
Depending on your card and which mode such as AEB, Smart Photo, 48MP, it will take time to write to the card. I would imagine it depends on the card's write speed as well. So it's a variable thing including your subject matter because of the way files are compressed (more detail takes more time to compress whereas lots of sky areas that are similar will take less time). I generally just wait after taking a shot until the file finishes writing to the card. The shutter button will gray out and the screen will freeze until it's done.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta