DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDMI out?

srbell

Reactions
Any way to get hdmi out other than a access point wireless setup (like apple tv)? Got a set of Glyph HD goggles I'd like to use. Tried an Apple hdmi lightening adapter, but the lightening pass through doesn't seem to work. The phone's DJI Fly app doesn't detect the controller. Sad, that would have been so simple lol! And an Apple TV, inverter and battery would take up more space then the entire drone setup lol.

There are a few tablets with Hdmi out,otherwise I think it’s got to be wireless with a chromecast dongle and a small .power bank.
SC has Hdmi out ,but it’s quite expensive,and only for certain drones.

I've used firestick to the TV. There is a slight lag but as long as you aren't trying to shoot any gaps or fly close to things its flyable.

Any way to get hdmi out other than a access point wireless setup (like apple tv)? Got a set of Glyph HD goggles I'd like to use. Tried an Apple hdmi lightening adapter, but the lightening pass through doesn't seem to work. The phone's DJI Fly app doesn't detect the controller. Sad, that would have been so simple lol! And an Apple TV, inverter and battery would take up more space then the entire drone setup lol.
Ok pretty funny I was going to post almost the exact same question. I have the Glyph Goggles on the way and have a Samsung Note 8 and a passthrough 3 connector dongle that has Type A USB, Type C USB and HDMI Out. I put together a basic hardware version of commercial made dongle and it was working with zero lag but I soldered my own connector to see if it would work proof of concept and so far so good. I had wires everywhere and borrowed a buddies goggles to test. FYI FOV is pretty narrow on those Glyph goggles but if you don't intend to race it should be fine with zero lag. Also it looks like all items can be purchased off Amazon for $150 or less and have a decent FPV setup. I will keep you posted. I should have it all setup by 12/20. Good luck.

I'd be curious how you did it, since it's the RC that's acting as master and it needs the iOS/Android in device mode to manage the AC, yet for the iOS/Android to connect to a C hub, it has to be a master.

I hate calling those things hubs. They're more like universal USB C docking stations.

Reactions: Kilrah
Ok pretty funny I was going to post almost the exact same question. I have the Glyph Goggles on the way and have a Samsung Note 8 and a passthrough 3 connector dongle that has Type A USB, Type C USB and HDMI Out. I put together a basic hardware version of commercial made dongle and it was working with zero lag but I soldered my own connector to see if it would work proof of concept and so far so good. I had wires everywhere and borrowed a buddies goggles to test. FYI FOV is pretty narrow on those Glyph goggles but if you don't intend to race it should be fine with zero lag. Also it looks like all items can be purchased off Amazon for $150 or less and have a decent FPV setup. I will keep you posted. I should have it all setup by 12/20. Good luck.
I too would like to connect my samsung galaxy S8+. I have eachine ev200d 5.8ghz goggles with hdmi input that I use to fly fixed wing. I would love to use them with may MA2. Would this work as pictured.

Attachments

• hdmi.jpg
    hdmi.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I really doubt he has an actual working solution for the same reason. Dozens of people tried that before him.

Even if that C port will work for a device with data, the problem is the modes of the C connections.

Think of the C connection as a river or stream. The RC sets itself up as being upstream, with the phone downstream. This hub expects the phone/PC to be upstream with the open C port connected to a device downstream.

If this were to work, the RC would have to be connected to the plug, but then the RC doesn't have the capability to provide HDMI by itself which is what the hub would expect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne