DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heart broken Mini 3 pro gone

That's not surprising. Small objects like a Mini 3 aren't easy to see from a drone in the sky. You'd probably have better luck sharing the coordinates of the last location. And I guess be careful who you give that information to since someone could find your drone and keep it.
I didn't know someone else could fly my drone. I thought they were bonded to the owners controler or something like that.
"So last night I was flying my normal evening flight which I do almost every night"
Can you share one that you did prior?
Please :)

Rod ..
don't know why or what good seeing another flight would do but heres one from a few days earlier were I went north

Reactions: RodPad
@msinger and all who helped. cant thank you enough for all the time you put in to my troubles. I'm old and not much of a techy so trying to figure out all this stuff is mind boggling to me. I just enjoy sitting out on my deck and flying around my property then out to the wash or over to the highway and back. Never get boring, always see new stuff to see and photograph. thanks Hope I get a replacement this was a gift from my daughter on my Bday and I can't afford to buy one SS doesn't buy drones LOL

Here's a short video taken a month or so ago. Glad the drone didn't go down this day
its bone dry now.

Why the past flight.
An idea of where you fly, etc.
Somebody could find some thing that was abnormal.
If your concerned, in the future you might take a look at them.
I'm always curios on what I can learn.
Now you know how to do it!

The River, well we know its not headed to the ocean. 👌

Rod ..

You can always re link to a new controller.

Rod..
what are you talking about? link to a new controler ? what ?why would I do that. link what to a new controler , the controler I have is perfectly fine.
Its already been determined that I did nothing wrong and the drone was at fault. Looking at past flights and looking for something abnormal huh? I've been flying this same area for over 6 years, I know it well theres nothing here that abnormal.

what are you talking about? link to a new controler ?
I think he might have been trying to say you could link your existing remote controller to a new replacement aircraft. For example, if DJI decides not to help replace your missing aircraft, perhaps you could save some money by buying a new drone without the remote controller.

Reactions: Daytona500
well I hope they do replace it. but if not why would I give more money to dji for drones that fly away for no reason. I could never trust them or the drone to do the right thing again

Well, there is a reason. It's just unknown at this point since you haven't been able to track down the aircraft yet. The internal DAT flight log on the aircraft likely has enough information for DJI to explain what happened.

another question? Is it possible that when the drone lost connection and didn't return to home ,that it just stopped and hoovered in place till the battery depleted then landed?

Is it possible that when the drone lost connection and didn't return to home ,that it just stopped and hoovered in place till the battery depleted then landed?
I doubt it since the drone is not programmed to follow that sequence of events during any situation. I think it's more likely that the drone powered off mid-flight (at the last location in your log) and dropped to the ground.

thanks I'm still trying to find someone to go look. thanks so much for all you've done.

well I hope they do replace it. but if not why would I give more money to dji for drones that fly away for no reason. I could never trust them or the drone to do the right thing again
Given that logic, if you do get a free replacement from DJI , wiil you be reluctant to ever fly it?

thanks I'm still trying to find someone to go look. thanks so much for all you've done.

Don't give up. It is still reasonable to have a closer look at the aerial images from the searchflight. As the example of the disappeared MPP shows, chances to find it are low but above zero.

MPPcc.jpg

And this way to might be able to exclude that it is hanging on a tree with no visibility from the ground. Dependent on the complexity of the terrain, both analyzing the images and searching on site can be challenging.
You might also consider to share the aerials and some people here can have a look. More eyes, more chances...

I live in the valley and pass by you quite often going to do drone related gigs. I'm happy to fly the area and do a quick ortho. I bet we can find it. Those coordinates looked like my part of the world. : )

Reactions: MS Coast
Well, I stopped by there and ran a quick map of the area. It's processing now, and I'll put it into the same folder when it finishes. Maybe somebody here will have better eyes than me and see it. There's a lot going on right in the area of that last record. There are wires right there, but relatively low, about 30-40ft. I did a video orbit of the area then after the mapping, I ran some video looking and poking around.

There is a lot going on in that area. As I was doing the mapping, a urban camper came out of the desert and walked away down the street. Hopefully he didn't have a drone in his rucksack.

I can confirm it's not hanging on a wire, but the shrubbery in that area is very overgrown and lots of opportunities for a small drone of that nature to just pop through the branches and be obscured in the brush.

Files are uploading now, but the ortho.tiff will take a while. It's about 706 images.

Reactions: PeRo
Ok, "fresh" ortho photo uploaded. From 11AM today. Covers the entire field area. Have at it with appropriate TIFF viewer and help find this drone. : )

Hi Tony I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing this. Is there a way I can download these pictures. I can look at them on the net they just buffer for ever. My internet connection is less then 1mbps so its impossable to look on line .whats a tiff viewer ??Thanks again for trying.

The last location of the drone is pretty near the overhanging cables:

First image is Google Satellite view based on last location, 2nd is from the ortho made by @TonyPHX - Large circle is (part of) the overhanging wires. Seems as those are too low to cause this, and would have expected something in the logs. Perhaps electrical influence?

1685694685732.png 1685694741679.png

The ortho is great, but I fear it is too coarse to detect a Mini 3 pro. For instance... this could be it, but it can also be dead wood: 1685695036721.png

Apart from the wires: how much chance is there (in that area) that somebody camping out (or doing other things...) simply shot the drone from the sky?

Hope you'll find it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661