DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Height

jsweinrich

Reactions
Has anyone tried fake out the Mavic Pro by using a chamber? This would be a chamber to allow one to create a slight vacuum so that Mavic thinks it is higher than it is. The procedure would be to place the Mavic in the chamber, create a slight vacuum with a vacuum pump, start the Mavic and then open the chamber to fly. Would not take much, 2" of mercury would equal about 500m of altitude so when you open the chamber the altitude would read -500m.

Vacuum would make it think it was underground? Why would you want to do that.
If we did the same thing with pressure, it would SHOW it was as high as I assume you want to go??

And the point of this would be what?
Obviously he is an aspiring astronaut. Its his thinking that by making the mavic THINK it is at -500 feet, he could then fly that much higher than the max altitude limit.
Must have seen the vegas video of the airplane assault and wants to try it.. :D

Vacuum would make it think it was underground? Why would you want to do that.
If we did the same thing with pressure, it would SHOW it was as high as I assume you want to go??

You've got it backwards. If you start the Mavic under a slight vacuum and then remove the vacuum then the Mavic registers it's altitude as -500m, this give you the ability to fly 1,000m from your starting point.

Reactions: lrsn
Obviously he is an aspiring astronaut. Its his thinking that by making the mavic THINK it is at -500 feet, he could then fly that much higher than the max altitude limit.
Must have seen the vegas video of the airplane assault and wants to try it.. :D

Don't want to try it, to much trouble. Just wondering if someone has...

You've got it backwards. If you start the Mavic under a slight vacuum and then remove the vacuum then the Mavic registers it's altitude as -500m, this give you the ability to fly 1,000m from your starting point.
No, I have it exactly right. BUT, If you had read the Manual, you would know that you dont have to do ANYTHING to fly to 1640.42ft straight out of the box, without any science projects..... Is that far enough over the 400 ft limit set by the FAA?

You want to know if one can fool the software height limitation. If you can read -500 m then logically you can fly 1000m

No, I have it exactly right. BUT, If you had read the Manual, you would know that you dont have to do ANYTHING to fly to 1640.42ft straight out of the box, without any science projects..... Is that far enough over the 400 ft limit set by the FAA?

I think you missed the point, fake out the Mavic to think it starts takeoff at -500m so you can fly to +500m (or a total of 1,000m above starting point).

I think you missed the point, fake out the Mavic to think it starts takeoff at -500m so you can fly to +500m (or a total of 1,000m above starting point).

I get it. But you dont have to do anything to go much higher than that anyway. Max stock altitude is 1640 ft. above take off point

edit, I didnt notice the"m" on your numbers. But on the otherhand, I was RIGHT about the astronaut thing.
What are you going to do at over 3000 ft?

and there you go! Instructions on how to go 10 times higher than the FAA allows. :D

Couldnt you just tether the mavic to a weather balloon? Should be able to get the edge of space that way.

Reactions: 787steve
I get it. But you dont have to do anything to go much higher than that anyway. Max stock altitude is 1640 ft. above take off point

edit, I didnt notice the"m" on your numbers. But on the otherhand, I was RIGHT about the astronaut thing.
What are you going to do at over 3000 ft?

I do have mountains around me that I would like to fly over but this would not be the way I would go, just wondering if some has done it...

I get the mountains thing. Here is a thought, every time you land, the home point resets so if the new home point is 500m higher that where you originally took off from, there is a free extra 500m. Just land somewhere every 500m up!
Only setback is you would have to pilot it home, or if you lose connection, it will rth to the last place you landed.

I get the mountains thing. Here is a thought, every time you land, the home point resets so if the new home point is 500m higher that where you originally took off from, there is a free extra 500m. Just land somewhere every 500m up!
Only setback is you would have to pilot it home, or if you lose connection, it will rth to the last place you landed.

Yep, heard of that method but here in Oregon, especially where I am there is trees everywhere and nowhere to land higher in elevation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr