DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello Everyone

mtnbkr123

Reactions
I have been lurking at this site for a few weeks now trying to educate myself. My goal is to capture some serious mountain biking footage of my daughter and me, while I am still able to do so.

To this end, I bought a GoPro Hero 5 Black and a Hero Session, but then concluded that both my daughter and I have seen enough crappy POV biking footage for this lifetime, as well as the next two. I thought about things and decided to pick up a Mavic Air FMC to supplement the GoPro footage I get. I had a tough time deciding between it and the Mavic Pro but landed on the Air. I also picked up a WD 6 TB hard drive to use with my MacBook Pro, and four 64 GB SD Extreme Micro SD cards.

My Air is still unopened with 7 days left to return it. I am still not totally decided. Drone or no drone? Air vs Pro vs Mavic 2? Lots of unresolved questions but I am running out of time.

Also, not sure whether I will be into pulling out the Air after 2 hours of sustained climbing once we reach the summit. We don’t normally dilly dally too much on our rides. Not sure either how easy it will be to fly, especially fatigued, and whether I will even be capable of doing it. Finally, not sure whether I will be able to figure out how to edit the footage, without it taking all my spare time.

I had an older GoPro that I used maybe 10 times and gave up. I hated that people I rode with started dialing in on the footage, instead of the ride. And the editing almost sucked the life out of me.

I am hoping this time my experience trying to capture some footage for my daughter to remember us by will be more enjoyable than my experiences in the past.

Anyway, thanks for all the invaluable information. Very much appreciated.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have been lurking at this site for a few weeks now trying to educate myself. My goal is to capture some serious mountain biking footage of my daughter and me, while I am still able to do so.

To this end, I bought a GoPro Hero 5 Black and a Hero Session, but then concluded that both my daughter and I have seen enough crappy POV biking footage for this lifetime, as well as the next two. I thought about things and decided to pick up a Mavic Air FMC to supplement the GoPro footage I get. I had a tough time deciding between it and the Mavic Pro but landed on the Air. I also picked up a WD 6 TB hard drive to use with my MacBook Pro, and four 64 GB SD Extreme Micro SD cards.

My Air is still unopened with 7 days left to return it. I am still not totally decided. Drone or no drone? Air vs Pro vs Mavic 2? Lots of unresolved questions but I am running out of time.

Also, not sure whether I will be into pulling out the Air after 2 hours of sustained climbing once we reach the summit. We don’t normally dilly dally too much on our rides. Not sure either how easy it will be to fly, especially fatigued, and whether I will even be capable of doing it. Finally, not sure whether I will be able to figure out how to edit the footage, without it taking all my spare time.

I had an older GoPro that I used maybe 10 times and gave up. I hated that people I rode with started dialing in on the footage, instead of the ride. And the editing almost sucked the life out of me.

I am hoping this time my experience trying to capture some footage for my daughter to remember us by will be more enjoyable than my experiences in the past.

Anyway, thanks for all the invaluable information. Very much appreciated.
Howdy from Wyoming @mtnbkr123 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome Aboard! And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had here so take your time and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do, :) And don't be afraid to ask questions. Have a great one and happy flying :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! The Mavic Air is a great machine, you won't be disappointed. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras