DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from a newbie in Michigan.

WorkingDawg

Reactions
Greetings from the middle of the Mitten!

I'm brand new to the drone or RC aircraft hobby. When I was a teen, about 30 years ago, I had a few Tamiya radio control vehicles but that's the closest I've ever done. I purchased the Mavic Air, and am still working on the setup and reading the instructions phase. I want to make sure that I fully understand the controls and warnings before I get it in the air and something happens.

My goal is to learn the correct way to use it and become steady enough to take some good quality short video clips. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! For now, I've been watching a lot of the tips and tutorial videos on YouTube for ideas.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

My goal is to learn the correct way to use it and become steady enough to take some good quality short video clips. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Here are some items you might find useful:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thank you dirkclod for the welcome! So far, I have found the website very informative. I've actually been wandering around the site for a while now, especially when I was trying to decide which drone to purchase.

Welcome to MavicPilots!

Thank you RobertK! I see that you're a couple days ahead of me. I really wanted the Pro or Platinum as well. But since I'm usually on the road driving throughout the US and Canada I decided to go with the Air instead. Smaller, cheaper, and the gimbal looked more forgiving just in case the rattles of being in the vehicle on the rough east coast roads took its toll.

Greetings from the middle of the Mitten!

I'm brand new to the drone or RC aircraft hobby. When I was a teen, about 30 years ago, I had a few Tamiya radio control vehicles but that's the closest I've ever done. I purchased the Mavic Air, and am still working on the setup and reading the instructions phase. I want to make sure that I fully understand the controls and warnings before I get it in the air and something happens.

My goal is to learn the correct way to use it and become steady enough to take some good quality short video clips. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! For now, I've been watching a lot of the tips and tutorial videos on YouTube for ideas.
Howdy from Wyoming @WorkingDawg , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hey Workingdawg. Welcome. I have been on here since December 2017.
I will show u where I am from (see pic).
7bf1259ba1908b43983adbd1b7989470.jpg

I now live in SW FL. I will be coming up thru MI in July on my way up to vacay in Elk Rapids. Stopping by a friend in Purrinton, MI. Would love to stop and fly my MP with u.

Thanks for the welcome FrankieZ. Once the weather starts breaking, I'm always on the road with work. I think that I actually spend more time in your state each year than I do in my own! We were in Miami on Tuesday, now Dallas, and have to be back in Pompano Beach on Monday. I'm sure that we will get a chance to connect someday!

Welcome to MavicPilots from down here in Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki