DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Adelaide, Australia

I have found plenty of places to fly, unfortunately though, my house is in the approach/departure path, 1.5km from an airport, so can't fly from home.

Still getting out whenever I can to try to improve. Just wish my gimbal movement wasn't so jerky.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I have found plenty of places to fly, unfortunately though, my house is in the approach/departure path, 1.5km from an airport, so can't fly from home.

Still getting out whenever I can to try to improve. Just wish my gimbal movement wasn't so jerky.

Ah, flying from home gets pretty boring most times anyway, always nice to travel a bit and plan a few hours or a day somewhere scenic.

You should be able to slow down your gimbal speed (and yaw) in settings, this really helps you get smoother cinematic type movement in your video.
You should also have a setting to slow things down in flight, but not sure if this applies to gimbal, best to adjust this in settings.

Should be covered in your manual (online), or search YouTube for probable numerous tutorials on Mini SE gimbal speed adjustment (or similar terms).

Reactions: magnets77
Ah, flying from home gets pretty boring most times anyway, always nice to travel a bit and plan a few hours or a day somewhere scenic.

You should be able to slow down your gimbal speed (and yaw) in settings, this really helps you get smoother cinematic type movement in your video.
You should also have a setting to slow things down in flight, but not sure if this applies to gimbal, best to adjust this in settings.

Should be covered in your manual (online), or search YouTube for probable numerous tutorials on Mini SE gimbal speed adjustment (or similar terms).
I have been playing with the settings, just need to get my fat fingers to think smooth and get the muscle memory working to know how far to move rather than the rushed mess it is to start.

I have been playing with the settings, just need to get my fat fingers to think smooth and get the muscle memory working to know how far to move rather than the rushed mess it is to start.

No worries, I'm sure you can actually adjust the gimbal speed in settings as well, say with mine (in Go4 app for the older M1P) you can adjust gimbal speed from 10 down to 1, I have mine set on 2 or 3 and it's easier then to concentrate on flight moves with mucking up gimbal moving too fast.

You might also be able to get stick extensions for the mini controller, or total longer change overs (aftermarket) the longer sticks apparently makes smoother movement a breeze.

The pinch or thumbs on top of sticks is also another practice to try, some say pinch sticks makes it easier to get smooth movements.

If you've only just got into drones and controller movements, it'll take a while to get used to doing multiple stick movements, in conjunction with gimbal up / down, obviously practice will get you improving after some flight hours.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121