DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Big Sky! Montana - New Guy! <---

ChuckNorrisUSAF

Reactions
Retired USAF - (doesn't mean I'm a pilot by any means :D) Brand new to the site - brand new to the drone world!

Ordered my Mavic Pro 2 - coming in a couple weeks - already stocked up on the Fly More Kit, and other various fancy accessories. Ready to protect my investment. Hope to read and contribute in the coming weeks and months.

Anyone know of some good spots in Montana to fly/shoot at?

Reactions: msinger
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: ChuckNorrisUSAF
Retired USAF - (doesn't mean I'm a pilot by any means :D) Brand new to the site - brand new to the drone world!

Ordered my Mavic Pro 2 - coming in a couple weeks - already stocked up on the Fly More Kit, and other various fancy accessories. Ready to protect my investment. Hope to read and contribute in the coming weeks and months.

Welcome! I think you’ll be surprised at how your view of this planet and country is about to change!

I live in Utah and so I’ve been to Montana many times and you won’t have trouble finding a great place to fly.

If you ever need help, advice, or just have something cool to show hit us up anytime

@brett8883 Appreciate it - I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a drone for a couple years now. I think my wife is more excited than I am, (doesn't help she's a photographer). I am a bit bummed that Glacier NP bans them.....(as most NP locations do). The potential shots up there would be mind blowing.

@brett8883 Appreciate it - I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a drone for a couple years now. I think my wife is more excited than I am, (doesn't help she's a photographer). I am a bit bummed that Glacier NP bans them.....(as most NP locations do). The potential shots up there would be mind blowing.

Haha that’s gonna be her drone pretty quickly if you don’t watch out ;). Or maybe you can get a second remote and let her control the camera and you do the flying.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome!

Got ya! Hope the worst is over.
You might need to get some of those heated batteries.. the ones made for the Enterprise version but supposedly work in the M2's as well.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Thank you for your service! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

And...... we are live - did a test flight yesterday afternoon - I'm 12 years old all over again....

Attachments

• IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1145.JPG
    IMG_1145.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: msinger

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to the forum, i'm a newby myself on here (just today), but the first thing i think about doing when i think of flying my MP2 out there in MT is taking it during a Prairie Dog hunt, would be great to check out the terrain, its usually flat with just rolling hills, great for flying. I was wondering though if it was extremely hot as it is in August or so, would the heat cause camera vision problems?

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to the forum, i'm a newby myself on here (just today), but the first thing i think about doing when i think of flying my MP2 out there in MT is taking it during a Prairie Dog hunt, would be great to check out the terrain, its usually flat with just rolling hills, great for flying. I was wondering though if it was extremely hot as it is in August or so, would the heat cause camera vision problems?

Not sure - I just moved out this way in September/October of last year. I have yet to experience a Montana Summer. If its anything like the summers where I previously lived (North Dakota for the last several) then I'll be roasting my a** off. May have to pose your heat related question to someone who lives down in the southern states. I would think in Nevada, New Mexico, etc; it would factor in a bit there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000