DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Birmingham, Alabama.

markhobson

Reactions
Greetings from Alabama. I'm going to take delivery of my very first quad this week. I'm wondering if any of the members could recommend a good open space in Birmingham where I can practice/learn.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mark

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Greetings from Alabama. I'm going to take delivery of my very first quad this week. I'm wondering if any of the members could recommend a good open space in Birmingham where I can practice/learn.

Mark
Howdy from Wyoming @markhobson , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Mark

I'm wondering if any of the members could recommend a good open space in Birmingham where I can practice/learn.

The DJI software includes a database of NFZs (no fly zones), which are shown on maps.

Once you know where it's okay per DJI to fly, you can use the following website and its downloadable app to determine whether the areas you've found are currently suitable in terms of weather, # of satellites, sunrise, sunset etc.

UAV Forecast

Welcome from Georgia. I get out to Bham every so often and as long as you are outside the Bham Intl airspace. it's really wide open.

Attachments

• Bham.jpg
    Bham.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 3
Welcome from Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic, Fly safe and have fun!

Mark
Hi Mark, I’ve heard that Lake Purdue is an amazing locale to fly. I’m fairly new myself, but I’ve been going to the Hoover Met the half a dozen times I’ve been up.

Welcome to the community. I go to Trussville occasionally but I have not flown in the area and I am looking forward to any recommendations given.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird