DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Cleveland

Jon1976

Reactions
I just got the Mavic Air and took my first flight today. To say I had the jitters would be an understatement. It was cold and sort of windy but I just had to try it. It handled the wind very nicely but made me nervous the whole time. Spent most of the time getting used to the controls mostly in beginner mode. I figured baby steps. my stomach did drop when I requested it to return to home the first time. I was only going 20 to 30 ft off the ground but then it went high when I first pushed the RTH button. It did land about a foot from where it took off. There were some strong gusts of wind which was making me uncomfortable for my first flight. Even though I watched many of the training videos, some more then once, I went brain dead when I started flying. I got a few pictures but no video. I'll go out tomorrow and try again.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

I’m from the east side. I went to the Metroparks polo fields because their web site said drone flying was permitted there,

Hi there
I bougt An arti White mavic air week ago, and I did my first flight with this device smoothly (even though iya my first dji drone buat I was famili with other tipe of drone before) itu was pleasant flight but bit annoying since within one week I hape to update firmware 3 times.... Fuuuh

Anyway am pleased for this device, actual flight duration is bit less 18minutes instan 21min mentioned in official Web.

Looking forward for anyar advise

Cheers

Giffie
Indonesia

I just got the Mavic Air and took my first flight today. To say I had the jitters would be an understatement. It was cold and sort of windy but I just had to try it. It handled the wind very nicely but made me nervous the whole time. Spent most of the time getting used to the controls mostly in beginner mode. I figured baby steps. my stomach did drop when I requested it to return to home the first time. I was only going 20 to 30 ft off the ground but then it went high when I first pushed the RTH button. It did land about a foot from where it took off. There were some strong gusts of wind which was making me uncomfortable for my first flight. Even though I watched many of the training videos, some more then once, I went brain dead when I started flying. I got a few pictures but no video. I'll go out tomorrow and try again.
Howdy from Wyoming @Jon1976 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy the new Mavic Air, I love mine, fly safe and have fun!

I’m from the east side. I went to the Metroparks polo fields because their web site said drone flying was permitted there,
That's awesome! Last time I checked the meteoparks banned all drone use. They now allow it at 3 locations and the golf courses.

Hey, CLE here too (west side)! Just ordered the mavic air this morning in anticipation of a mother-daughter trip to Iceland in July. I am privy to the Metroparks locations that allow drone use. But let me know if you know of any other locations to practice. Totally brand new to the process so I am sure I will need practice :)

Hey, CLE here too (west side)! Just ordered the mavic air this morning in anticipation of a mother-daughter trip to Iceland in July. I am privy to the Metroparks locations that allow drone use. But let me know if you know of any other locations to practice. Totally brand new to the process so I am sure I will need practice :)

Welcome, I’ve been going to the polo fields because it’s not far from my house. The other day there were three other people there flying a Mavic pro an air and one other. They were very helpful. I also went to Orchard Hills Park in Chesterland, not sure if it’s allowed but didn’t find any rules saying it wasn’t.

Reactions: nicwyman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78